Image via Intelligent Systems
Arguably, recruiting in Fire Emblem Three Houses requires more effort than any other game in the series. Instead of starting with a small number of units and adding a couple from each chapter, players can start with one of three houses. While many fans represent the Black Eagles, Blue Lions, or Golden Deer, the truth is that there are units worth recruiting in every house.
How can players recruit other students in Fire Emblem Three Houses?
Each student requires two things from Byleth to be recruited out of the house: a stat level and a weapon mastery. The specific stat and weapon mastery required depends on the specific student. Byleth can also recruit students by getting an A-level support with them, but this usually takes a long time. In B-tier support, the student will have a random chance to apply for recruitment each week.
These are the requirements for each student:
- Ferdinand: 10 Dexterity and C in heavy armor
- Linhardt: 10 Magic and C in Reason
- Caspar: 10 Strength and C in Brawling
- Bernadetta: 20 Strength and C in Bow
- Dorothea: 25 Charm and B in Authority
- Petra: 10 Dexterity and C in Horsemanship
Note: Hubert cannot be recruited outside the home due to his devotion to Edelgard.
- Felix: 15 Speed and B+ in Swords
- Ashe 15 Charm and C in Spear
- Sylvain: 25 Charm and C in Reason (auto recruit if Byleth is female)
- Mercedes: 15 Magic and C in bow
- Annette: 10 Magic and C in Faith
- Ingrid: 15 Dexterity and D in Flight
Note: Dedue cannot be recruited outside the home due to his devotion to Dimitri.
Related: How to get the secret ending in Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
- Lorenz: 20 Charm and C in Reason
- Raphael: 20 Strength and C in heavy armor
- Ignatz: 10 Dexterity and B in Authority
- Lysithea: 15 Magic and B in Faith
- Marianne: 10 Magic and C in Horsemanship
- Hilda: 30 Charm and C in Ax (cannot be recruited for Black Eagles due to story reasons)
- Leonie: 15 Strength and C on Lance
Church of Serios
- Seteth: Joins in Chapter 12 (except in Crimson Flower)
- Flayn: Joins in Chapter 7 (leaves in Crimson Flower)
- Hanneman: Can be recruited at level 15
- Manuela: Can be recruited at level 15
- Gilbert: Joins the Blue Lions in Chapter 13
- Alois: Can be recruited at level 15
- Catherine: Can be recruited at level 15 (Joins automatically in Chapter 12 in Silver Snow)
- Shamir: Can be recruited at level 15 (Automatically joins Silver Snow)
- Cyril – Can be recruited at level 15 (cannot join Black Eagles unless Byleth sides with Church)
If any of these requirements seem difficult to meet, know that the requirements are reduced for each Support Byleth creates with each student. For example, Byleth needs a B+ in Swords to recruit Felix, but with a C support, Byleth would only need a B in Swords. With C+ support, Byleth would only need C+ Swords, and so on.
Want more Fire Emblem Three Houses guides? MyFullGames has you covered with Best Three Houses Lord: Edelgard vs Dimitri vs Claude.