This walkthrough describes how to complete the “Last Secret” with a good ending. Additionally, I explain how certain endings (especially with Melon and Ben) can be achieved.
Warning: This guide is full of spoilers! Please consult it only after trying it yourself at least once, otherwise you may enjoy the game less.
Walkthrough The Last Secret – Review
There are a total of 8 good endings and several bad endings. CGs in the game are not limited to the good ending, but can be found in many places throughout the game. There are also some pieces of music, notably “Conspiracy”, one of the three voices, that do not lead to the main passages, but to bad endings. This guide only focuses on how to get to a good ending.
For romantic endings, it’s important to keep in mind that the game will allow you to pursue same-sex romances and the story will change accordingly (e.g., like in real life, some characters may wonder about ). If you want to activate it, you need to go to the options in the main menu and turn on “Rainbow Mode”. If you want to romance the opposite sex, you need to turn off “Rainbow Mode”. Changing the mode will only affect when the game starts, not when you’re in the middle of it.
There aren’t many gender selection options beyond male and female, because obviously, offering a full range of variants would make the game too complicated to handle. Think of it as a role-playing game: you play a high school student (even though you can’t join it) and you don’t have any other options in the game. You have two options for the gender you play and you can play one of them (regardless of your own gender).
Another tip: When the game asks you to enter a name, I recommend using a “normal” name, like your own. The characters in the game will address you by this name and after a while it will feel weird and unnatural that everyone will address you as “R2D2” or “Dear Angel”.
There are 6 good endings that can be reached right from the start of the game, they are:
- A good ending without romance
- A good ending with each of the five main characters (plus an extra variant with Anna).
The last two good endings can only be unlocked after reaching enough of the other good endings. In fact, you need to reach either one good ending with Anna, Melian and Karina, or two good endings with Hong Hong and Ben, and then play the game again with the same gender constellation.
To reach any good ending, you must avoid all bad endings. How do they do it? We will see soon…
However, bad endings can reveal additional information about the overall story, so you might want to try them out if you really like the game.
How to avoid the bad end?
Just follow these guidelines to avoid a bad ending:
(Chapter numbers in the game are given as binary numbers, eg 00100 is 4.)
Always follow Hong Hong’s advice when it comes to decisions about how to handle your weird abilities, then nothing bad can happen. All other decisions and puzzles are irrelevant for this purpose.
Avoid entering the wrong code into the iPad! If you do, you will end badly. (You can of course go back into the game to undo this.)
Also avoid leaving your group after leaving the restaurant.
If you do some research on aliens on the internet, chances are you’ll come up with a bad ending. However, it’s a very interesting bad ending that gives you another song, so you might want to try it once (but save before you do!).
Dying is very easy in this chapter. To avoid this, you must choose these answer options when they appear:
- “I follow you”
- “I heard two songs…”
- “Maybe the accident didn’t happen during the concert?”
- “why not?”
Other choices are not relevant to avoid a bad ending.
Don’t accept Mr. Smith’s offer, get out with your friends and choose the train on platform 2, not 1!
Here you can reach a bad end either when you run out of time (after walking in circles) or if you walk in the wrong direction and get caught. Also, when you are with Melian and fight him you can end up bad (and very sad).
To avoid all these, you need to walk in the following directions at the crossing:
- Straight – straight – follow the road – sharp right – straight to the bridge – turn left after the bridge
Sometimes your friend will tell you to turn around or make a different decision, but stick to the instructions above and everything will be fine. Your friend’s sense of direction isn’t flawless…
You have to win the match against the superhumans. How to do it? Just copy Kareena’s opponent’s moves on your own board. Kareena copies your opponent’s moves, and thus one of you will win enough to save you all.
(By the way: if you lose the game, you’ll be sent into space to die. Anna will desperately try to tell you how to use her Omega device to save the day. Maybe you Does anyone know of a movie where there is a device with this name. Saves the day…? If not: Ana means you should return to the game, because only you have this ability!)
Getting laser weapons for your friends is the most dangerous and the hardest mini-game in The Last Secret. You can avoid doing this by simply letting HongHong do it. (If you want to do it yourself, follow Kareena’s instructions closely and plan and time your moves very well, then you will eventually manage. Remember that this part of the game is real time I am, so every second counts!)
After surviving this, there is no way to end badly.
How to win mini games
To reach the end, you also need to finish several mini-games. Most of them can actually be skipped! It’s usually obvious (if Karina asks you if you want to solve a math problem, you just say no, for example) sometimes it’s not so obvious or you have to do it yourself. Something has to be solved:
- In the escape room scenario in Chapter 2, you can ask Karina to solve puzzles for you (click Karina’s picture to activate the dialog). Then your friends will make fun of you a bit, but do it without you.
- In the investigation of the old painting:
- Left click on the person’s shirt button,
- Click on the corn next to the board.
- Click on the white stone in the upper left corner of the board.
He then chose “Both stones at 4-4 are white” and “Because in olden times a stone was placed at these points”.
- When trying to close circuits in Chapter 12, Karina will show you a simple solution after a wrong attempt.
- In chapter 13 the right way to the mountain is the third way. Once you’re at the top, head to the left group of mountains.
You may have to solve some of the mini-games a little better to prove yourself in order to reach certain romantic endings. This will be explained below.
Although these instructions will help you reach the good ending, some specific good endings require you to work harder… especially Kareena likes you more when you prove yourself smart… all For more on solving minigames I refer to the excellent guide. By AnimeMarkus.
Walkathors for some specific good ends
Good Ending: Friends Forever
If you want to reach this end, simply avoid romance with any of your friends: you can always say no if you’re talking about a romantic moment, and if you’re not actively pursuing any character. If extended, it’s unlikely to be very romantic anyway.
To reach any romantic end, you want to be able to go on a date with your love interest in Chapter 5. Make her like you (and of course take a chance on a date with her during the conversation in Chapter 4).
Also during the date and in the next chapters you have to do the right things to make them like you even more. Below we list all the tips that you can do to make them more likeable, but not all of these tips are necessary at once, so you can be successful by omitting some of them.
Good ending: Milan
- Support Melian against Kareena.
- Follow Mellon’s suggestion.
- Say the escape room was scary.
- Run after Melian
- Say you’re joining.
- You’re glad he’s not a stranger.
- (Write down Mr. Lee’s phone number, you’ll need it later!)
- Ice Cafe
- A date with you would be great.
- Say you really mean it (this only works if she already likes you, otherwise she’ll respond)
- Math hoodies are all the same.
- Don’t plug your ego’s ears.
- Remember Mr. Lee’s phone number (which you wrote down earlier, I hope!).
- Don’t walk in circles in the forest!
- Romantic scene with Milan: Simple be nice to her and kiss her…
- This is your sweetheart.
- At the beach, don’t go back to check on the girls (unless you want to have a funny party).
- I’m so happy for you, Mylan
- Hong Hong better get the weapons, otherwise things might happen and Melian might get jealous.
- Shoot the robot
- Pay attention to the road.
- You can get some bonuses if you interact well with him in the tent, but you have to know how to do it…
- Nod when Kareena asks you if you like Milan.
Good Ending : Ben
You’ll only meet Ben in Chapter 4, so before then just try to avoid the bad ending (see above).
- Choose the correct line from the song: “I follow you…”
- Accept the invitation to go on a date with Ben.
- Write down his phone number, you’ll need it later!
- Say you wouldn’t change a thing if you had superpowers.
- Say you want to see him again.
- Call Ben using the phone number you wrote down.
- When it’s time to say goodbye, take Ben in your arms. Ben will then stay nearby and end up on the spaceship with you. If he doesn’t end there, you’ve failed him.
- Feeding the bean.
- When he compliments you on the beach, ask if he thinks it suits you.
- Hold her in your arms or kiss her when you get the chance.
- Say Ben is more important to you than a trip to an alien world.
- If you let Ben get the weapon for you, that’s fine. Getting them yourself is even better, but very difficult.
- Accept his hat
- Keep an eye on the road in one of the pictures
- Now you must be close enough to Ben to accompany him into the desert, otherwise you fail his way.
- Choose a drink (which might even end up with a funny scene as a bonus)
- Say you are okay with her age.
The rest is smooth sailing, even the interactions with your mom are surprisingly good (for both rainbows and non-rainbows), enjoy some surprises there…
The last two good endings
Once you reach either one good ending with Anna, Milan, and Karina, or two good endings with Hong Hong and Ben, and then play the game again with the same gender constellation, something weird. Things will happen… and then stranger things… However, as long as you keep playing, you’ll definitely get to the next good ending.
If you write a story of at least 25 lines by yourself, the last good ending will come. (What does that mean?!? You’ll see…