Image via Blizzard
Warcraft III is easily one of my favorite strategy games, so I was pleasantly surprised when Blizzard turned Warcraft into a card game with Hearthstone. Frequent game updates are even better, ensuring proper balance and new content. Typically, these updates cause servers to go down, but we then receive patch notes detailing the changes and fixes. Let’s check out the Hearthstone update patch notes below.
All Hearthstone 27.4.3 Patch Notes – October 3, 2023
Patch 27.4.3 is a server-side hotfix patch that rolls out today with the following updates and bug fixes.
- The Jailer has been temporarily banned in Standard and Wild
Developer Comment: We’re imprisoning the jailer for his crimes against the meta. When we made our last change set, Druid was still developing as a class after the Miniset. After our changes were finalized, Tony Druid appeared as a top archetype in Standard. We know we want to tweak something in that deck in our next balance window, and we also know we don’t want this deck to warp the meta in the meantime, so we’re temporarily banning The Jailer until our next scheduled balance patch. .
The Jailer will be released on bail (without ban) in our next scheduled balance patch. At that time, we will make other adjustments to address Tony Druid and anything else that needs adjustments.
The following heroes have been excluded from the following anomalies:
- The Storm of Golganneth: The Rat King
- Gladiator Loot: Fungalmancer Flurgl, Infinite Toki, Maiev Shadowsong, Onyxia, Patches the Pirate, and Vanndar Stormpike
Related: Is Hearthstone completely pay to win?
Bug fixes and game improvements
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Sinister Soulcage could target enemy undead minions.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Primordial Studies did not reduce the cost of Sif.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a visual bug with the updated Kabal Lackey effect.
- [Duels] Removed Elixir of Vigor from the passive treasure pool due to an unwanted interaction.
- [Duels] Fixed a bug where Remembrance of Ice would resurrect minions killed by opponents’ Frost spells as well as your own.
- [Duels] Fixed a bug where optimized polarity would activate certain magnetic mechanisms.
- [Events] Fixed a bug where the “Alone in the Dark” event quest would trigger based on when a friendly Titan was destroyed, rather than when you destroyed a Titan.
For more information on Hearthstone, check out How to Beat Decks in Hearthstone and How to Upgrade Cards to Gold in Hearthstone in Pro Gaming Guides.