Image via Valve
Playing Counter-Strike 2 gives me the same feeling I had while playing the original CS many years ago. According to my nostalgic memory, even the images are the same. But now that the de_dust has settled, I realize that this 21st century edition will change periodically. Here are the CS2 patch notes with the latest Counter-Strike 2 updates and bug fixes.
Latest Counter-Strike 2 Release Notes
CS2 Patch Notes – October 2, 2023 Update
[ GAMEPLAY ]
- Removed movement penalty on mud surfaces.
[ GRAPHICS ]
- Fixed a bug with shader compilation when connecting to a server that caused issues after connecting. Please note that these issues may still exist on AMD GPUs; We are working with AMD to resolve this issue.
[ ANIMATION ]
- Fixed a bug where knife cutting could not be interrupted with an inspection.
[ MISC ]
- Various bug fixes and adjustments to weapon and glove finishes.
- Fixed a case where Molotov/Incendiary grenades would create a ring of fire in the air.
- Improved Molotov/Incendiary firefighting performance
- Various improvements to weapon dropping and throwing.
- Various bug fixes
Related: How to Find and Join Counter Strike 2 Community Servers
CS2 Patch Notes – September 27, 2023 Evening Update
- Weapon sounds will no longer sound like they are coming from where you are zoomed in.
- Updated water in Nuke to fix a smoke issue
- Reduced the maximum amount of water refraction as it seemed too noisy/distracting.
- Fixed a case where the death panel was not displayed.
- Fixed a case where the preview scope was not displayed in the game settings.
- Fixed a case where debug text would appear in the crosshairs.
Related: CS2 startup options and configuration commands
Counter-Strike 2 Release Notes: September 27, 2023 Update
Counter-Strike 2 is now available
- Counter-Strike 2 is now available and free
- The first season of Premier has begun
How to play
- Competitive matchmaking enabled
- Wingman matchmaking enabled
- Private pairing enabled
- Added Training Day, a short introductory experience for new players.
- Improved player vs. player motion collision
- Improved bullet penetration consistency.
- Players’ reflections in the water are now hidden by smoke.
- The Molotov fire now floats on the water
- Fixed character ambient occlusion being visible through walls.
- C4 bomb lights do not reflect through walls
- Fixed some rare cases of view model lighting corruption.
- Adjusted smoke behavior to cover cases where smoke would stop less than the player’s height above the ground.
- Fixed several bugs when switching teams in the middle of an offline deathmatch.
- Fixed Famas reloading too early.
- Chickens may finally fall from vertigo
- Added new CS2 default music kit.
- Added new audio customization settings.
- Various adjustments and mix settings.
- Various bug fixes related to music kits.
- Updated game startup sound.
- Added background ambience to main menu scenes.
- Clutch_mode_toggle function restored
- Fixed a bug where c4 disarming and planting sounds could sometimes not be heard in certain locations.
- Fixed some surfaces being incorrectly labeled and causing incorrect footstep sounds in certain locations.
- Fixed a bug where attackers could not hear headshot feedback through wallbangs or smokes.
- Body damage feedback for attackers will now play at the same distance as for spectators through smoke and walls.
- Fixed a bug where scope affected directional sound.
- First-person damage sounds are now more impactful
- Removed several legacy audio convars that existed in CS:GO but never had an effect in CS2.
- Adjusted animation of an additive nature.
- Adjusted jump animation, particularly when jumping repeatedly
- Adjusted motion animation
- Adjusted the position of the animated character’s head in relation to the camera position.
- Added bullet belt to negev.
- Reduced foot slip when carrying slower weapons.
- Fixed character momentarily standing during the crouching animation.
- Fixed incorrect view model deployment speeds.
- Fixed pops in some weapon inspection animations.
- Weapon inspection can now interrupt the deployment animation.
- When one or more group members are found guilty of cheating and permanently banned, all of their associates will be penalized with loss of profile rank and CS rating.
- In Premier, players with a very high set CS rating cannot participate in parties with accounts that do not have a set CS rating.
- Various bug fixes and adjustments for all submitted maps
- Adjusted vertical audio occlusion limits in Nuke and Vertigo
- Added an extra bell in Inferno.
- Casual and Deathmatch maps are now separated into multiple map groups.
- CS:GO players who started playing more than a week ago will receive a commemorative CS:GO coin and a CS:GO music kit.
- Added Store tab to main menu.
- Enabled all interactions with inventory items.
- Weekly drops were replaced with a weekly care package. Choose from gun cases, gun finishes and graffiti.
- Added demo playback support
- Added the ability to favorite and shuffle upload items.
- Added new item icons
- Office and Vertigo are available as main menu settings
- Various updates to weapon finishes, including fixing excessive wear on several custom paint job finishes.
- Redesigned the texture of the Phoenix Street Soldier balaclava to resolve visibility issues.
- Animated eyes enabled on agent character models.
- Game clients running in workshop tools mode cannot connect to VAC secure game servers.
- Added an entirely new help system that features contextually relevant guides and information. Guides include grayscale value ranges for alpha channel masking, paint-by-number mask color assignments based on the current finish type, and much more.
- Removed dynamic props from solid color inspection backgrounds.
For more Counter-Strike 2 action, check out Can You Use the Left Hand Command in Counter-Strike 2 (CS2) in Pro Gaming Guides?