I think I’ve found some pretty good settings on the steam deck for about four or so hours of teardown running. These settings aren’t perfect and start to break when there’s a lot going on, but in most situations it works pretty well.
Steam Deck Settings Guide
Changed settings in Steam UI.
- Turn off framerate limiting and set the refresh rate to 40.
- Turn on half-rate shading.
- Change the TDP limit to 10 watts.
- Change the GPU clock frequency to 1100 MHz.
Changed settings in Options > Graphics tab.
While maintaining that 4+ hours of gameplay these settings don’t seem too different from the games default on the deck.
- Set the render scale to 75%.
- Set the render quality to low (surprisingly doesn’t make the game look terrible).
- Set Vertical Sync to Adaptive (this is why we set the refresh rate to 40).
Recommended for you