Vivillon finally made her debut in Pokémon GO during the game’s Postcard Book update. However, to catch the Kalos Bug type, you will need to use a special regional mechanic to find it. Here’s everything you need to know to get Scatterbug and turn it into the multi-patterned Kalos butterfly.
How do you get Scatterbug in Pokémon GO?
scattered bug could be found in Pokémon GO after you have anchored a friends postcard from one different region. As you pin more postcards of a specific continent, you’ll earn points toward the specific medal for the Scatterbug region you’re leveling up. Once you’ve earned enough points, you’ll have a chance to meet the Scatterbug on the game’s world map. Since postcards are received from gifts, the best way to find Scatterbug is to use Pokémon GO friend codes. The more friends you have added to your account, the faster you can earn enough points in a specific Scatterbug region to earn your medal. Below are the complete steps that need to be completed to find the Kalos error type.
Related: How to catch Zorua in Pokémon GO
- Step 1: Click the start button and go to your friends list.
- Step 2: Open any gifts your friends have sent you. After clicking the gift box icon, you’ll see a postcard listing the region the item shipped from.
- Step 3: On the postcard page, click the pushpin icon next to the open gift button to pin the card to your account.
- Step 4: After pinning enough postcards of a specific region, you’ll earn enough progress to earn a region medal.
- Step 5: Once you’ve earned your medal, head out into the game world, where you’ll have a chance to catch the Scatterbug from the region you completed.
What are the Scatterbug regions in Pokémon GO?
scattered bug have a total from 18 patterns in Pokémon GO. Each of these patterns is linked to a specific region of the world. Like the main games, Vivillon’s unique designs are based on her habitat. So, for example, a Scatterbug found near large bodies of water will have the Ocean pattern. Below is the complete list of all Scatterbug regions in Pokémon GO and the pattern associated with each location.
- Archipelago: can be found in the Caribbean and South Africa.
- Continental: can be found in Argentina, Germany, Poland, Denmark, Central Asia, India.
- Elegant: Can be found in Japan.
- Yard: It can be found in the UK, Ireland and New Zealand.
- high plains: It can be found in the western United States and Eastern Europe.
- frozen snow: Can be found in Greenland, northern Canada, Norway, Finland, and Sweden.
- Jungle: It can be found in Colombia, North America, South America, Central America, and Indonesia.
- Marine: It can be found in Chile, Greece, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Spain.
- Meadow: can be found in France and Italy.
- Modern: Can be found in the eastern United States.
- Monsoon: can be found in Southeast Asia.
- Ocean: Can be found in Hawaii, Madagascar, and the Galapagos Islands.
- Polar: Can be found in Alaska, eastern Canada, western Canada, Argentina, Chile, Norway, Sweden, and Finland.
- River: It can be found in Egypt, South Africa and South Australia.
- Sandstorm: can be found in the Middle East
- Sheet: can be found in Brazil and Northern Australia.
- Sun: It can be found in Mexico and Madagascar.
- Tundra: Can be found in Iceland, Norway, Sweden, and northern Japan.
How to evolve Scatterbug to Vivillon in Pokémon GO?
scatterbug evolves in Spewpa with 25 candies. You will be able to get candy by making the Bug type your partner while walking around the map, or by catching additional Scatterbug. By last, spewpa evolves in vivillon After using 100 candy. With the Kalos butterfly tied to the friends list feature, the quickest way to evolve it right now is to keep pinning as many postcards as you can. The more region medals you complete, the more Scatterbug candies you can get.
Do you want to know more about Pokémon GO? If so, take a look at the How to catch Pokémon XXS and XXL in professional gaming guides.