Forza Motorsport is coming to Xbox Series X|S and PC and will launch globally on October 10. You can purchase the Premium Edition to get early access and start playing five days early. But is it worth it? Here you will find everything you need to know about the different editions of the game.
Should you buy the standard, deluxe or premium edition of Forza Motorsport?
Before I start, I’m going to post it: Forza Motorsport Standard Edition is the only edition that offers a physical copy. costs $69.99 and includes the full game without restrictions but without bundles or car packs included. This is the edition that Xbox Game Pass users include with their subscription.
Both the Deluxe and Premium versions of the game can only be purchased digitally. They come with a digital copy of the game and freebies. There is also a “Premium Addons Pack” for those who want additional content but own a physical copy of the game.
Should you buy Forza Motorsport Deluxe Edition?
For $89.99The Deluxe Edition gives you access to car pass. This grants you 30 new cars in Forza games and they are delivered to you weekly (one per week) at no additional in-game currency cost.
The first cars in this package have already been revealed:
- 2018 Volkswagen #22 Experion Racing Golf GTI It will be available on October 5.
- 2019 Dodge #9 American V8 Road Racing TA Challenger on October 12.
- 1999 Nissan #23 NISMO Clarion R391 on October 19.
- BMW M2 Racing Coupe 2020 on October 26.
Related: Forza Motorsport takes technology to the next level
Should you get the Forza Motorsport Premium Edition?
The Premium Edition is digital only. For $99.99It includes everything the Deluxe does, but you also get a race day car package, a VIP membership, a welcome package, and the option to play Early access on October 5.
Race Day Car Pack Car List
These eight cars will be unlocked from the start of the game:
- Acura NSX GT3 #36 Gradient Racing 2018
- Audi R8 LMS GT3 #44 Magnus Racing 2018
- BRM P201 #14 Motul Team 1974
- Ford Focus ST #14 Amd Tuning 2014
- Oldsmobile Cutlass Trans-Am #75 Newman-Sharp Racing 1990
- Porsche 911 GT3 R #73 Park Place Motorsports 2018
- Subaru Levorg GT #1 Adrian Flux Racing 2018
- Vauxhall Astra #77 Power Maxed TAG Racing 2017
The list of cars in the Welcome Pack
These cars are unlocked immediately and you receive 500,000 credits to purchase any other car of your choice.
- BMW M4 Competition Coupe 2021
- 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe
- Porsche 911 Carrera S 2019
- 2020 Toyota GR Supra
- Volkswagen Golf R 2021
VIP Membership Membership
This membership gives you a permanent double boost to all credits you earn while racing and five unique cars that are only available to VIP members:
- Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE 2018 Forza Edition
- 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe Forza Edition
- 2019 Hyundai Veloster N Forza Edition
- Mercedes-AMG C63 S Coupe 2016 Forza Edition
- Subaru STI S209 2019 Forza Edition
On top of that, VIP players receive special driver equipment, tags, cards, discounts on car purchases, and special events from VIP rivals.
What is the Forza Motorsport Premium Addons Pack?
The Forza Motorsport Premium Addons Pack is designed to upgrade the Standard Edition to a Premium Editionand it only costs $35.99 if you are a Game Pass member. This is a great option for those who know they will keep the membership for a long time, but keep in mind that as Game Pass users, we do not own the base copy of the game. We would be purchasing an upgrade to a game that we will not be able to use once we cancel our membership.
Should you pre-order Forza Motorsport?
I miss the days when pre-order versions of games came with collectibles or additional content, but that’s no longer the case.
The only advantage you get if you pre-order Forza Motorsport is that it allows you to pre-download the game starting October 5. However, you won’t be able to play it until the global launch on October 10. So no! Unless the retailer offers limited freebies, there is no need to pre-order this set.
For more information on Forza Motorsport, see Everything we know about Forza Motorsport: release date, Game Pass, platforms and more here at Pro Gaming Guides.