These are the things and information I gathered while going for the Spirit of 65′ achievement that may be useful to other people who do this feat, due to unfair AI, cup length, RNG, etc. It is very difficult and tiring to achieve.
Spirit of 65′ Achievement Guide
Note that it is perfectly possible to do this without ‘cheating’ but it can be extremely annoying and boring. You could get a bad RNG and the AI could literally be the god of football and you’d go down 5 positions or luck could be on your side and you’d go up 7 positions.
- Average completion time: 15 hours.
- Average time to completion (cheated): 5h.
Before starting the story
The game presents you with three option sliders before starting the story. Keep them all to a minimum so it goes as quickly as possible. Then choose your customizations and confirm.
The first matches were usually pretty easy for me so I would recommend getting a lot of money here to upgrade your team. After the first win you can learn the passing or tackle position and it helps a lot in chain moves for big money.
Leveling up is very expensive so every penny counts. It’s okay to lose if you get $1,000 but it’s always good to go for the win.
Don’t worry too much about which skill to choose because you learn them all after winning 5.
Skill to level up
I tried balanced at first but to do that you need to be swimming in money and you will most likely get stuck, so after looking at another guide I focused mainly on offensive skills. Started by:
- Ball Skills – For more power, accuracy and aftershoot when hitting big shots.
- Staminae – To be the first to get the ball when the round starts.
- Teamplay – So my team doesn’t mess with the enemy.
Your taste may be different so don’t take it for granted.
Staminae is expensive but gives a huge boost. Only upgrade Staminae if you are struggling to get to the ball at the start or during the game.
The ball skills are mainly so that I can make a better big shot early on and thus get 3 free goals more often. With superior ball skills you can get fairly consistent aces and get a big lead over the other team (eg 10 – 2 40:00). That way you can have some passing/tackling fun to try to get some money.
A balance between buying ball skills and team play.
First, you can see the formation of each team before the match. I’ve never used it so I can’t say anything about it, but it might be useful.
The mechanics are just like a normal football game. as usually:
- Don’t let the enemy get the ball under any circumstances.
- If the enemy is ready to score and you are close to another enemy player, you can take a strategic penalty to avoid scoring 1 or 2 or 3 goals. They still have the ball but at least you get another shot at it.
- Score 2 or 3 goals at once. If you want to take a risk or go a little further for 2 safe goals, hit a big shot from behind the center line. Also score 3 goals at the start of the round if you can.
- A big shot is better than a pass most of the time. Passing is a guarantee that the ball will go to the enemy and we don’t want that. Pass only if it is absolutely safe, otherwise make a short big shot in that direction, and your partner will catch the ball.
Being good, combined with a good set of skills, will get you good win rates. But always be aware that RNG can send you down 7 positions.
Manipulating (cheating) time to always win
If you can’t take it anymore there is an easy way to perform this feat that will guarantee a 100% win rate throughout the cup. Making success much easier and also greatly improving your experience.
After entering a match, if you pause and leave the game it won’t save, so you can just rejoin and restart the same match with no glitches and hopefully better RNG. With. You can repeat this forever until the RNG works in your favor and you get many targets to win.
Although RNG works in your favor through the cup you might not need it, or if you have a lot of patience. I only needed to use it 2 times because I was already in league two or three and just wanted to finish it off.
It’s still good to try to level up your skills. But with this strat you can probably just force it because it’s impossible to miss.
Recommended for you
- Check out Kickman – Achievements Walkthrough