Are you ready to get scared by Phantom in Phasmophobia? Every time I answer with “yes” to this question, and still I get surprised how scary this game is. But as a ghost hunter, it’s my job to get frightened, I guess. Therefore, to identify this ghost, you’ll need to gather three pieces of evidence and mark the ghost in the journal. That said, here’s everything you need to identify a Phantom.
How to identify Phantom – Phasmophobia
All Evidence to Identify a Phantom in Phasmophobia
You should not have any issues finding all the required proof to identify the Phantom for the most part. But If you have trouble or just want extra help, use the chart below to help gather all three pieces of evidence (Spirit Box, fingerprints, and D.O.T.S. Projector) for a Phantom in Phasmophobia.
The Spirit box is an easy piece of evidence to find. Pick the box up, turn it on, and then go to every room in the house or location and ask the following questions: Are you Here? Can you show us a Sign? Where are you? Doing so will cause the ghost to respond with an increased chance if it has Spirit Box as a list of proof.
To get fingerprints as evidence in Phasmophobia, you will need to cause ghost activity by calling it names, asking questions, or saying its name. Doing so will increase the activity and will cause it to interact with objects. If it opens doors or touches windows, you will be able to see a handprint shortly after.
But this is only if it has fingerprints as an evidence type. Before you can see handprints, you will need a U.V. light; you can find one in the van. Pick the light up and shine it where the ghost touched the object and door, and you should see a handprint.
D.O.T.S. Projector is another easy piece of evidence to find. Just locate the ghost room, place it down in either the room or the doorway, and place a camera nearby. When your camera is placed, head back to the van and watch the footage until you see a clear figure pass through it. If you see one, congrats, you just checked off D.O.T.S. as proof. Keep in mind that the projector has been reworked in the Ascension update.
Related: All Monkey Paw Wishes in Phasmophobia & What They Do
All Phasmophobia Phantom’s Strengths and Weaknesses
Phantom in Phasmophobia is a ghost with the ability to possess the living and is so vile and scary that your sanity will be lowered if you just by looking at it. To make your ghost identifying task easier, remember Phantom’s strengths and weaknesses:
- Strength: Looking at the Phantom will drop your sanity faster than other ghosts.
- Weakness: Taking a photo will make the Phantom disappear from your sight. Will remain invisible longer than other ghosts during the hunt.
Tips and Tricks to identify a Phantom in Phasmophobia
Here are some helpful tips for identifying a Phantom in Phasmophobia.
- Focus on getting the ghost to appear by causing ghost activity
- When it appears, have a camera on hand and snap a photo of it.
- Watch and see if it disappears instantly. if the ghost does disappear, it means the ghost is a Phantom.
- Keep a UV light to check for fingerprints, as they will disappear soon after the ghost touches something.
- Place the dots in the ghost room or in a doorway leading to it.
- Check every room in the house for Spirit box responses at least twice or so.
For more on Phasmophobia, check out Phasmophobia Ghost Trigger Phrases on MyFullGames.