As Starfield approaches, we’re learning more about the factions and groups that you can encounter in the game, with the factions specifically being organisations that players can join and complete quests for.
Starfield is closing in on its early access release date, with the official launch coming five days later on September 6. We’re starting to learn more and more about the new RPG as we get closer, with information on companions, the planets, ships, and much more.
For a brief explainer of the Starfield factions and groups we know so far, read on below.
How many Starfield factions are there?
As far as we know, there are five Starfield factions that players can join up with, all of whom have specific quest lines that can be completed independently of the main story.
In addition to the factions, there are several smaller groups in the game that have a presence, consisting of religious groups and those who don’t fit in elsewhere.
Considering they don’t have achievements related to them according to leaks, it’s unlikely that players will be able to join these, but there will likely be quests and encounters with them.
Starfield factions we know about so far
Here is a list of the factions we currently know about:
- Constellation – The main faction you join with the goal of uncovering the mysteries of the universe and the Settled Systems
- Crimson Fleet – A fleet of space pirates who plunder spaceships all over the Settles Systems
- Free Star Collective – A confederation of three-star systems that emphasise individual freedom
- Ryujin Industries – A megacorporation that controls a number of large cities and deals in various industries
- United Colonies – An alliance of colonies that has risen to be the most powerful military and political faction in the game
List of groups in Starfield
The groups in Starfield are much smaller, but there are five that we currently know about. Check out the list below for an explanation of each one:
- Ecliptic Mercenaries – A group of bounty hunters who perform missions for various clientele
- Enlightened – An organised group of atheists that teach humanist values
- House of Va’ruun – A mysterious religious group that worships the Great Serpent
- The Red Mile – A group of runners from the Porrima system
- Spacers – Clusters of individual groups that don’t fit in with other factions and societies
- Sanctum Universum – A religion that believes god exists out in space, and that they are being directed to find a higher power
That’s all we know about the Starfield factions and groups so far, and now you know what major factions you can join, along with the smaller groups you’ll encounter in the game.
For more Starfield guides, stick with GGRecon. If you’re more interested in love, check out all the Starfield romance options we know about so far.