HEAVY SPOILERS for the story and choices!
Please leave useful information and feedback in the comments and help spot any errors.
Detailed information on all achievements in Little Hope and how to obtain them.
This guide is now considered functional to obtain all achievements (05/11/2020). Please note that I will continue to support this guide and make edits as I find and learn more information well into the future. If you have any information or corrections please comments below, it is much appreciated. 😀
- So Much Death (Story related, 1)
- Survival/Saved Achievements (9)
- Gamemode Achievements (2)
- Trait Achievements (5)
- Relationship Achievements (3)
- Heart & Head Achievements (2)
- Secret (Collectible) Achievements (2)
- Picture Collectible Achievements (3)
- Other miscellaneous achievements (3)
A Russian translation can be found at the bottom!
Edit 15 May 2021: Additional edits to the Relationship achievement section after I got “The Odd Couple” achievement.
So Much Death
-So Much Death:
“Completed the prologue”
This achievement is story related and unmissable.
“Everyone was saved”
For this achievement you want to keep everyone alive until the end of the game (e.g. do not fail QTEs and monster sequences) as well as choosing the options to tackle each characters demon by themselves when available. Also at the end of the game you also want to make sure Mary is not convicted of witch craft and that Carver is
Getting this achievement in a playthrough should also grant you the achievements:
- ‘Free Spirit’ & ‘Our Own Demons’
- ‘We Are of Water’
- ‘Strength From Within’
- ‘Heavy Burden’
-That Dream is Your Enemy:
An easy way to get this is to use chapter select on the final chapter on your save which you obtained ‘Salvation’. Make sure you select a new save slot. Then playthrough the ending but make sure Mary is accused of witch craft and is executed
This will result in an ending where every character dies if Andrew has ammo left in his gun.
Alternatively you can try and get everyone killed your way. There is many ways to get this achievement.
For these achievements you need to keep the characters alive and then when given the option tell the rest of the characters to leave/go so you can face the demons by themselves.
Doing this for each character apart from Andrew will grant the achievement. It is recommended that you get the ‘Salvation’ achievement because this should mean you will get all these achievements across that playthrough.
-Our Own Demons:
“Defeated Taylor’s demons”
I got these two achievement at the same time. I think these two achievements go hand in hand.
I obtained these by fighting off Taylor’s demon after talking to Andrew’s double for the first time (where he express worry over Mary). You need to tell the other people to leave you behind while being attacked.
Here is a video by Mehdi Juventino Gaming HQ:
I got this achievement in the large abandoned building after pushing down the boxes inside. A fight with Daniels demon ensues. I choose the dialogue option telling the group to go and leave him, which gave me the achievement.
-We Are of Water:
I got this achievement after telling John to hurry when attacking his demon with the sledge hammer outside the ruined house. You will have needed to save Angela from her demon earlier on in the game and keep her alive up to this point.
I got this achievement after John blocked the door with the sledge hammer and told the others to go and leave him to deal with the demons by holding the door shut.
-Strength From Within:
All you have to do is make sure Andrew survives the game and you get a good ending.
Make sure at the end of the game Mary is not accused of witch craft.
“Completed the Solo Story”
For this achievement, complete the game in solo mode (Play Alone option on the main menu). Once you beat the game this way the achievement is yours.
-Coven of Witches:
“Finished Movie Night”
Movie night mode is a couch co-op gamemode for Little Hope that can be accessed through the main menu by the “Don’t Play Alone” option. You can do this with friends or by yourself if you wish, as it is just passing the pad between friends.
There are multiple ways to unlock each of the trait achievements. If you have trouble with any of them, they will most likely come naturally during one of your many playthroughs and there are more opportunities for each trait in co-op because of more dialogue choices.
“Compassionate was one of top two traits for Andrew”
Keep your relationships positive for the beginning of the game when playing as Andrew as much as possible and when you reach the bridge section choose to save Angela. This should unlock the achievement.
“Amiable was one of top two traits for Daniel”
I got this while in the museum playing as Daniel (the second time you visit the museum) and after finding Taylor and apologising for not being with her. Try and pick nice/friendly dialogue options when playing as Daniel.
“Understanding was one of top two traits for Angela”
For this you will likely need to keep Angela alive into the late game. I got this after telling John to hurry when he is confronting his demon with a sledge hammer. Try and pick Understanding dialogue options when playing as Angela.
“Headstrong was one of top two traits for Taylor”
I would recommend playing a Hearts only playthrough for this as it seems pretty easy to get it on that run. I got it after telling Daniel to listen to Taylor when at the tire swing.
“Rational was one of top two traits for John”
Play the Curators Cut and while playing as John pick only Head dialogue options. When you reach the museum as John go to the poppet doll and choose the ‘Cautious’ option to leave the doll alone. This should unlock the achievement.
These achievements are all gained by increasing relationships between the characters in the achievement description. Try and pick dialogue options that will result in increased relationship between characters when they are exchanging dialogue together.
-Solid As a Rock:
“Maximized Daniel and Taylor’s Relationship”
Do not say that Daniel is not your boyfriend when playing as Taylor near the start of the game. This will start them off with a lot of negative affinity. Always try and pick positive things when these two characters are together and strengthen their relationship. Will likely unlock around the time you reach the abandoned store.
-The Odd Couple:
“Maximized Angela and John’s Relationship”
This achievement is probably easier in Shared Story (co-op) or the Curators cut but it is possible in solo play! Here is a method courtesy of “Alex Sobecki” on True Achievements and modified by me for the guide.
Theatrical cut, solo method:
- In “Confrontation” do not go with John into the fog. Selecting the opposite of going into the fog will give you a 2nd dialogue option where you need to pick ‘that it’s about time’ John did the right thing. It doesn’t matter what you say to Daniel after.
- Again in “Confrontation”, choose to leave with John and Andrew.
- In “Off Track”, DO NOT pick up the gun.
- In “The Crossing”, have John agree to go across the bridge first and then reassure Angela that they’ll get across. Later on in this chapter after the Past scene, make sure NOT to tell Angela what happened.
- Angela must survive the bridge and then later manage to escape into the sewers after the Daniel and Taylor section.
- In “Pursued”, do not pick up the knife as Daniel (neither character must take the knife).
- In “Low Point”, you will automatically get an increase between John and Angela when everyone is reunited.
- Later in “Low Point”, you will be playing as Andrew and both Daniel and Taylor being attacked by their demons. Select to help Daniel and fail every QTE until he dies. Taylor will also automatically die.
- In “Ruined”, while right outside the factory, John will talk with the group. First select the left option and then select the right option about stopping Mary. This will increase John and Angela’s relationship. This increase is not possible if Daniel and Taylor are still alive.
- Finally, in “Heavy Burden”, after the Past scene outside the house you will be switching between Angela and John in a fight sequence. Have Angela be Reassuring to John and tell him to hurry up rather than leaving him behind.
As John, complete the first two QTEs against his demon. You’ll then switch to Angela, complete her two QTEs. When you switch back to John after that, fail this QTE.
You will then switch to Angela again and will have a QTE to throw the sledgehammer back to John. This will earn the achievement if you followed this list.
-All Together Now:
“Andrew has a good relationship with all characters”
This is fairly straight forward once you have played the game a couple of times and aim for positive interactions. It should unlock after at least 2 positive increases for each character above their starting relationship level.
I have been told this is very easy on a Heads only playthrough if you pick positive options when two heads are available. Do not shoot near Vince or kill Angela but you can shoot Taylor and Daniels demons.
Heart & Head Achievements
“Chose all of the Heart decisions”
“Chose all of the Head decisions”
Every dialogue option has either a heart or a brain (head) icon. Complete the game once with all Heart dialogue options only (no head) and then the same with head choices and no heart choices and the achievements will unlock across the playthroughs.
You don’t actually need to see all the dialogue options in the game for both, just all the ones in that playthrough must be one or the other. Also you must pick every head or heart option available in that playthrough!
If you have a dialogue option where you can’t have a head or heart then either choose the “Say nothing” option or wait for the time to run out!
Decisions also count and have Brain and Heart icons.
Little Hope, unlike Man of Medan, will actually show you whether you are on the right track on the pause screen:
Secret (Collectible) Achievements
-Secrets Too Dark:
“Found all family secrets”
-Dirty Little Secrets:
“Found all witchcraft secrets”
Secrets come in the form of various interactable notes, books, Newspapers etc. Make sure to flip and looks at both sides and all pages of various items. You can check your secret progress from the character and collections page.
Chapter select can be used to obtain any missing collectibles. Just always select “New save” and don’t overwrite. Collectibles save as soon as found so you don’t need to finish the chapter either.
There are a total of 50 collectibles in two categories: Family and Witchcraft.
All secrets can be found in the theatrical cut.
Game Guides Channel has a great video for all the pictures. Here is a link:
The secrets are timestamped in the description.
Don’t forget to leave a like.
Picture collectible achievements
Please note that these collectibles can be highly missable so I would recommend following a video walkthrough with lots of detail. I will link some where appropriate.
Chapter select can be used to obtain any missing pictures, always choose “New save” and don’t overwrite. Collectibles are saved as soon as picked up.
In Little Hope the pictures take the form of small postcards that need to be flipped over.
Example of layout:
- Name of painting (Chapter it is found) Description.
-Glimmer of Hope:
“Find all of the white framed Pictures”
- Deadly Omen (No Escape) After the characters learn about the fog go through the chained fence where Daniel and Angela came from. It is in the back of the truck.
- Mercy (Off Track) Found outside the Police Department building on a green barrel.
- Ritual Blade (Another Way) Found in a room on a shelf in the store after the playground. You might need to enter by climbing the stairs outside.
- Shackled (The Crossing) After leaving the Police Department it can be found by a house on the left.
- Exorcism (Surrounded) When able to freely explore the church interior head into the entrance way and it can be found on the table.
- Demon at the Door (Reflections) Found on a bench near the restoration site and Mary’s grave after fighting some demons.
“Find all of the black framed Pictures”
- Familiars (Playing Tricks) Outside of the bar near the vistor map on a bench.
- Human Sacrifice (Confrontation) After meeting Mary for the first time it is on a green barrel between a car and a building off the road.
- Like A Stone (Another Way) After exploring the playground it is on a bench on the other side.
- Dark Magic (Troubled History) After arriving a second time at the museum (with different characters) return to the room you entered from. The picture is on the desk.
- Voodoo Doll (Pursued) After leaving the museum and talking to the curator, head to the bench on the left side of the road.
- Pressed into Silence (Ruined) After arriving at the large building you need to investigate, it is located at the front on top of a filing cabinet.
Game Guides Channel has a great video for all the pictures. Here is a link:
This video shows The Dark Pictures Little Hope all pictures locations. Little Hope all white framed pictures and how to get them. all black framed pictures The Dark Pictures Little Hope also shown.
Don’t forget to like the video.
-A Complete Picture:
“Found all Pictures”
Find all of the Black and White framed pictures as well as the golden picture for the achievement.
- Rope (Full Circle) Inside the ruined house on a table in one of the first rooms.
Fate Worse Than Death
-Fate Worse Than Death:
“Andrew was saved from himself”
The easiest way to obtain this achievement is on an all Heart choice playthrough which you will have to do for the achievement ‘Instinctive Reaction’ if you going for all achievements.
On that playthrough make sure you pick up the gun (despite popular belief you do not have to use up the ammo in it before the end of the game for this achievement – I still had 3 shots left). The only shot I fired was near Vince outside the church.
At the end of the game pick the option to . This will result in the ending playing out for this achievement.
Note: I had all characters make it to the final house apart from Angela who died just outside it while John fights his demon. I don’t think the character combination matters too much but try and keep them all alive as long as possible for this playthrough.
No Escaping Fate
-No Escaping Fate:
“Everyone died at the ruined house”
To set this up you NEED to condemn your characters BEFORE the finale, as this marks the characters as “Not Saved”. They all must survive until the house though.
Also worth noting that you probably do not want to upset Vince as this might mean the achievement does not unlock.
Pick the following options to get characters killed in the finale:
- In “Off Track” keep the gun as Andrew
- In “Reflections” pick Fearful as Taylor when fighting her Demon
- In “Ruined” pick Reckless as Daniel when being pulled up by Andrew
- In “Heavy Burden” pick Resentful as Angela when deciding to hurry John along
- In “Heavy Burden” pick Fearful as John when holding the door
- In “Full Circle” condemn Mary either by picking options that lead to her conviction OR by saying nothing, either works here
Nothing else regarding their Bearings will matter in this case, the above is all you need to do here.
Condemning Mary will then have all characters except Andrew die at the hands of their Demons, and Andrew will shortly after kill himself with the gun.
On A Roll
-On A Roll:
“Completed 5 combat events in succession”
This is simply unlocked after completing QTEs in succession during a combat scene.
~Conclusion, Translations & Acknowledgements~
Game Guides Channel – For the video guide on how to find all pictures and one for all secrets.
Mehdi Juventino Gaming HQ – For the video on obtaining ‘Free Spirit’ & ‘Our Own Demons’.
Alex Sobecki [www.trueachievements.com] – For information on ‘The Odd Couple’ in solo, theatrical cut.
This is it guys!! I am sure that you will love The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope All Achievement Guide that we have shared with you. We are always open to discussion and suggestions from you. Just let us what you thought about the guide in the comment section.
Also, we would like to thank ThePugHybrid. He is the one behind this wonderful guide.