As someone with 250+ mods, I scowered the internet for solutions to the occasional fps drops that you will run into when running a modded Starbound and while there are many out there, decided to put them in one place here. It’ll be fast and short
- Don’t use frackin with a mod list of 200+ mods.
- Turning off steam overlay
- Apparently being in windowed fullscreen helps, but let’s be honest you’re already doing that so you can alt+tab so ignore this. Windowed might be better. Can’t vouch for that.
- Turning off any type of overlay, Nvidia Geforce Experience instant replay, discord, etc
- Turning off v-sync, can be done multiple ways though the easiest is through the starbound.cfg in Starbound > Storage all the way at the bottom of the .cfg is v-sync true/false
- Turning on v-sync via the Nvidia Control Panel may be better if you really want v-sync
- I would suggest zoom levels but honestly we all know low zoom levels kinda suck really only do this if your pc potato
- Turning on Threaded Optimization through Nvidia Control Panel. Manage 3d settings > Program Settings > Select Starbound.exe
- Turning on Triple Buffering through the Nvidia Control Panel may make your experience smoother
- Messing around with the many Vsync options in Nvidia Control Panel may help you depending on your situation.
- 64 bit Starbound apparently has a memory leak. I have never had any issues with 64 bit Starbound but changing to 32-bit might make a difference for you.
- I use this
- There’s a handy performance collection here where you can choose what mods will suit you. If your pc is a beast, you probably don’t need all of these. If It’s a potato, probably do. Depends on how much quality in graphic/fidelity you want to keep/lose
- This mod may help probably as a last resort as frame skipping causes choppier performance.
- Starbound is hard capped at 62 fps because of It’s engine/client, so you can use this mod to go above that limit but the game will run faster (maybe smoother, might be better)
This is it guys!! I am sure that you will love Starbound Modded Starbound Performance Guide that we have shared with you. We are always open to discussion and suggestions from you. Just let us what you thought about the guide in the comment section.
Also, we would like to thank Earthbound 3. He is the one behind this wonderful guide.