A full achievement guide for all 178 achievements in Sea of Thieves. A full explanation will be given per achievement and they are sorted by either faction, requirement, or content update.
How to best use this guide!
This guide contains a lot of content as there is 178 achievements with more potentially coming soon!
The achievements are sorted into different categories down the side that you can use to navigate. Furthermore, if you want information on a specific achievement you can use Ctrl + F to search for that achievement.
Brackets Indicated Number of achievements in that section.
- Gold Hoarders (13)
- Order of Souls (10)
- Merchant Alliance (14)
- Reaper’s Bones (2)
- Pirate Legend & Athena’s Fortune (4)
- Hunter’s Call (8)
- World Events (6)
- Tall Tales – Shores of Gold Arc (19)
- Tall Tales – Ashen Arc (4)
- Tall Tales – A Pirate’s Life (11)
- Tomes (24)
- Fort of the Damned (4)
- Emissary Ledger (5)
- Arena (13)
- Combat (4)
- Purchases (4)
- The Legend of Glitterbeard (1)
- Misc. (Uncommon) (13)
- Misc. (Common) (19)
This guide is a continuous effort and will be updated as future updates are released and more information becomes available.
~March 11th 2021 – Guide released covering the then 165 achievements.
~March 24th 2021 update – The Legend of Glitterbeard achievement added.
~April 19th 2021 – Added the “Convenient Stores” achievement (Under Merchant Alliance section) that was released with the Season Two update.
~June 23rd 2021 – A Pirate’s Life Tall Tales section added for the new achievements in Season Three.
~June 26th 2021 – A Pirate’s Life Tall Tales section split into two due to being too large for single section.
-It’s A Pirates Life For Me:
“The Voyage is done; a chest of old now safe with those who hoard their gold!”
Awarded for the completion of your first Gold Hoarder Voyage.
-Keeper of a Glittering Hoard:
“Receive the Commendation for earning 150,000 gold from Gold Hoarder voyages.”
Awarded for earning a total of 150,000 gold from selling items to the Gold Hoarder faction. This can be monitored under the Gold Hoarder commendation page. The commendation shares the name with the achievement, ‘Keeper of a Glittering Hoard’.
“Be part of a crew that votes to raise an Emissary Flag for the Gold Hoarders.”
Awarded for being a member of a crew that votes to raise an emissary flag for the Gold Hoarder faction. You can vote on the flag next to any Gold Hoarder vendor. The emissary flag costs 20,000 gold after hitting reputation level 15 and purchasing the promotion.
-Master Gold Hoarder:
“You’ve gathered gold from near and far. A Master Hoarder now, you are!”
Awarded for reaching reputation level 50 in the Gold Hoarders and then purchasing the respective promotion from any of the Gold Hoarder vendors.
-So… Many… Chests!:
“Be promoted to level 75 with the Gold Hoarders.”
Awarded for reaching reputation level 75 with Gold Hoarders and purchasing the final promotion.
-Seeker of Lost Maps:
“Receive the Commendation for purchasing 250 X Marks the Spot Voyages.”
Awarded for purchasing 250 Gold Hoarder Voyages. Can be normal quests or vaults. You can farm this by voting down a quest on your ship and the purchasing all Gold Hoarder Voyages from a vendor and then discard them all. The vendor will restock immediately as a quest is already voted upon and just rinse and repeat.
“Receive the Commendation for completing 250 Gold Hoarder Voyages.”
Awarded for completing 250 Gold Hoarder Voyages. Can be monitored under the commendation page and it shares the name with the achievement.
-Sailor of the Gold Horizon:
“Receive the Commendation for sailing 1,000 nautical miles on Gold Hoarder voyages.”
Awarded for sailing 1,000 nautical miles while on a Gold Hoarder Voyage. It is recommended that you always have a voyage voted on when sailing around so it progresses achievements like this one, even when doing unrelated tasks. Can be monitored under the commendation page and it shares the name with the achievement.
-Hoarder of Barnacled Gold:
“Receive the Commendation for selling 300 Shipwrecked Chests.”
Awarded for selling a total of 300 ‘Shipwrecked’ Chests to the Gold Hoarder faction. ‘Shipwrecked’ chests look the same as normal variants but have barnacles on them. They are obtained from Shipwrecks, Sinking Skeleton ships and sometimes found under water around islands. Can be monitored under the commendation page and it shares the name with the achievement.
-Hoarder of the Captain’s Gold:
“Receive the Commendation for selling 360 Captain’s Chests.”
Awarded for selling a total of 360 Captain Chests to the Gold Hoarder faction. Both ashen and normal Captain Chests count. Can be monitored under the commendation page and it shares the name with the achievement. Gold Vault quests can give a lot of Captain Chests at the top of the vault. Upon reaching Emissary Grade V with the Gold Hoarders, you can claim an emissary quest that gives 20 Captains chests.
-We Don’t Need Maps:
“Find a Vault Key using only 1 piece of Torn Map Parchment.”
Awarded for digging up a vault key with only 1 piece of the torn map during a Wayfinder voyage. This is partially luck based because you have to get the cross (X) on the first map piece and identify the island it is. You need to be reputation level 25 with Gold Hoarders to unlock these voyages.
-No Mound Left Behind:
“Pick up all the mounds of gold inside a Treasure Vault.”
Awarded for looting all the gold piles in a Vault. It is recommended you get this achievement in one of the lower tier vaults like the stone vaults. There are a lot less gold piles to collect. You have 3 minutes from the opening of the vault to loot the gold piles but you can stay in longer if you wish to keep collecting while you drown. This is easier with the more players you have in a crew. You do not need to solve the puzzle or collect all chests.
“Open three Treasure Vaults with gold vault keys.”
Awarded for opening three vaults with Gold tier keys. Gold vault keys are only obtainable after reaching reputation level 45+ with the Gold Hoarders. Gold vaults offer more loot than lower tiers.
Order of Souls
“Your Voyage complete, a skull returned, praise from the Order thusly earned!”
Awarded for completing your first Order of Souls Voyage.
-Mercenary of the Ancient Order:
“Receive the Commendation for earning 150,000 gold from Order of Souls Voyages.”
Awarded for earning a total of 150,000 gold from selling skulls to the Order of Souls faction. This can be monitored under the Order of Souls commendation page. The commendation shares the name with the achievement, ”Mercenary of the Ancient Order”.
-Ship of Souls:
“Be part of a crew that votes to raise an Emissary Flag for the Order of Souls.”
Awarded for being a member of a crew that votes to raise an emissary flag for the Order of Souls faction. You can vote on the flag next to any Order of Souls vendor. The emissary flag costs 20,000 gold after hitting reputation level 15 and purchasing the promotion.
-Master of the Order:
“Sun-bleached skulls from across the ocean earn the Order’s highest Promotion!”
Awarded for reaching reputation level 50 in the Order of Souls and then purchasing the respective promotion from any of the Order of Souls vendors.
“Be promoted to level 75 with the Order of Souls.”
Awarded for reaching reputation level 75 with Order of Souls and purchasing the final promotion.
-Seeker of Lost Souls:
“Receive the Commendation for purchasing 250 Cursed Captain Bounty contracts.”
Awarded for purchasing 250 Order of Souls Voyages. Can be Cursed Captain Bounties or Ghost Fleets. You can farm this by voting down a quest on your ship and the purchasing all Order of Souls from a vendor and then discard them all. The vendor will restock immediately as a quest is already voted upon and just rinse and repeat.
-Voyager of Lost Souls:
“Receive the Commendation for completing 250 Order of Souls Voyages.”
Awarded for completing 250 Order of Souls Voyages. Can be monitored under the commendation page and it shares the name with the achievement.
-Sailor of the Whispering Bones:
“Receive the Commendation for sailing 1,000 nautical miles on Order of Souls Voyages.”
Awarded for sailing 1,000 nautical miles while on a Order of Souls Voyage. It is recommended that you always have a voyage voted on when sailing around so it progresses achievements like this one, even when doing unrelated tasks. Can be monitored under the commendation page and it shares the name with the achievement.
-Hunter of Cursed Captains:
“Receive the Commendation for defeating 1,000 Skeleton Captains.”
Awarded for receiving the commendation for defeating 1,000 Skeleton Captains (‘Hunter of Cursed Captains’). I believe only Captains generated through Order of Souls Voyages count. If someone in your crew kills one, all gain progress. Although Alliance members do not get shared progress.
-Master Hunter Of Villainous Skulls:
“Receive the Commendation for selling 360 Villainous Skulls.”
Awarded for selling a total of 360 Villainous Bounty Skulls to the Order of Souls faction. Both ashen and normal skulls count. Can be monitored under the commendation page and it shares the name with the achievement. Getting a good voyage with 4 captains per island is efficient, although, Villainous skulls are not guaranteed drop. Upon reaching Emissary Grade V with the Order of Souls, you can claim an emissary quest that gives 20 Villainous Skulls.
-I Am Not Obsessed With Treasure:
“A Voyage is over, back to land a merchant’s cargo in your hand!”
Awarded for the completion of your first Merchant Alliance Voyage.
“Receive the Commendation for earning 150,000 gold from Merchant Alliance Voyages.”
Awarded for earning a total of 150,000 gold from selling merchant loot to the Merchant Alliance faction. This can be monitored under the Merchant Alliance commendation page. The commendation shares the name with the achievement, ”Gilded Merchant”.
“Be part of a crew that votes to raise an Emissary Flag for the Merchant Alliance.”
Awarded for being a member of a crew that votes to raise an emissary flag for the Merchant Alliance faction. You can vote on the flag next to any Merchant Alliance vendor. The emissary flag costs 20,000 gold after hitting reputation level 15 and purchasing the promotion.
“The Merchant Alliance applauds your devotion bestowing upon you a Master Promotion!”
Awarded for reaching reputation level 50 in the Merchant Alliance and then purchasing the respective promotion from any of the Merchant Alliance vendors.
“Be promoted to level 75 with the Merchant Alliance.”
Awarded for reaching reputation level 75 with the Merchant Alliance and purchasing the final promotion.
“Receive the Commendation for purchasing 250 Merchant Alliance contracts.”
Awarded for purchasing 250 Merchant Alliance Voyages. Can be any voyage. You can farm this by voting down a quest on your ship and the purchasing all Merchant Alliance Voyages from a vendor and then discard them all. The vendor will restock immediately as a quest is already voted upon and just rinse and repeat.
“Receive the Commendation for completing 250 Merchant Alliance Voyages.”
Awarded for completing 250 Merchant Alliance Voyages. Note that the cargo run voyages do NOT count towards this. Can be monitored under the commendation page and it shares the name with the achievement.
-Sailor of the Merchant Alliance:
“Receive the Commendation for sailing 1,000 nautical miles on Merchant Alliance Voyages.”
Awarded for sailing 1,000 nautical miles while on a Merchant Alliance Voyages. It is recommended that you always have a voyage voted on when sailing around so it progresses achievements like this one, even when doing unrelated tasks. Can be monitored under the commendation page and it shares the name with the achievement.
-Black Powder Merchant:
“Receive the Commendation for delivering 100 Gunpowder Kegs on time.”
Awarded for delivering 100 Gunpowder kegs on time to the Merchant Alliance. Quests for delivering shipments (animals etc) can include delivering powder kegs. A good method for this is to go to Forts to find lots of Gunpowder kegs and then deliver them for the voyages by voting down these quests. You do not need to finish the voyage for the progress to count, you can sell and cancel the quest after. Make sure you deliver to the right outpost within the time.
“Receive the Commendation for delivering 50 Fruit Crates on time.”
Awarded for delivering 50 Fruit Crates on time to the Merchant Alliance. Quests for delivering Fruit crates can be found either in barrels or in bottles. It is random as to what quest you will get. The recommended way of grinding this is:
- Log into a server.
- Search all the barrels at the outpost and collect all quests.
- If you don’t get a merchant voyage log off and try again.
- If you do get a merchant voyage with a Fruit crate, claim the crate from the merchant.
- Fill the crate using loot on the outpost and default stock on boat.
- Deliver to destination within the time frame.
- Scan new outpost for new maps, or log off and try again.
“Locate the missing ship on a Lost Shipment Voyage without finding all the clues.”
During a Lost Shipment Voyage you must find the shipwreck without finding all the clues as to it’s route and location. You can purposely ignore a clue if you don’t think you need it to locate the wreck. The achievement will unlock upon picking up the manifest in the wreck if you didn’t get all clues on the way. You must have reputation level 25 with the Merchant Alliance in order to unlock these voyages.
-Many, Many Manifests:
“Recover 5 Revered Manifests while on Lost Shipment Voyages.”
Awarded for getting 5 revered manifests on Lost Shipment Voyages. You must have reputation level 25 with the Merchant Alliance in order to unlock these voyages but to get Revered Manifests you must have reputation level 50 or higher with the Merchant Alliance. You do not need to sell the manifests for the achievement, just recover them.
“On Lost Shipment Voyages, locate a missing ship along each of the Merchants’ trade routes.”
Complete a Lost Shipment Voyage on each of the 13 trade routes for this achievement. The direction of the trade route does not matter.
- Sanctuary Outpost to The Wild Treasure Store
- Sanctuary Outpost to Galleon’s Grave Outpost
- Golden Sands Outpost to Smugglers Bay
- Golden Sands Outpost to Dagger Tooth Outpost
- Golden Sands to The Finest Trading Post
- Dagger Tooth Outpost to Marauder’s Arch
- Galleon’s Grave Outpost to Ancient Spire Outpost
- Galleon’s Grave Outpost to Morrow’s Peak Outpost
- Plunder Outpost to Morrow’s Peak Outpost
- Ancient Spire to The Finest Trading Post
- The Finest Trading Post to Devil’s Ridge
- Morrow’s Peak Outpost to Ashen Reaches
- Brian’s Bazaar to Roaring Traders
Which shipment route you get is dependent on where your ship is currently. It is recommended for the Devil’s Roar trade routes that you purchase as many Lost Shipment Voyages and then head to the Devil’s Roar and then vote on the quest. It is RNG which trade route it will be in your area. As far as I am aware there is no way currently of tracking which trade route has been completed.
“Supplies from the Merchants will save you a wait. Buy every Resource and Commodity Crate!”
This achievement is awarded for purchasing each Resource crate from a Merchant Alliance vendor as well as each of the Commodity Crates. You can only buy commodity crates whilst flying an emissary flag for Merchants. This counts across all play sessions and does not need to be done at once.
If you want to get this achievement at once rather than natural progression you will need roughly 30,000+ gold to spend.
-The Reaping Begins:
“Be part of a crew that votes to raise an Emissary Flag for the Reaper’s Bones.”
Awarded for being part of a crew that has raised a Reaper’s Bones emissary flag. You an purchase the flag from the Servant of the Flame at the Reaper’s Hideout. Unlike the other main factions you do not need to have any reputation with the faction to unlock it. You can vote it at the Hideout or any outpost.
-You Reap What You See:
“Be promoted to level 75 with the Reaper’s Bones.”
Awarded for reaching reputation level 75 with the Reaper’s Bones faction and purchasing the highest promotion at the Reaper’s Hideout.
Pirate Legend & Athena’s Fortune
-Become Pirate Legend:
“A true Pirate Legend is one of the greats and for them, Athena’s Fortune awaits…”
To obtain Pirate Legend you must reach level 50 with each of the main three trading companies: The Gold Hoarders, Merchant Alliance and Order of Souls.
Once you have purchased their level 50 promotions, head to the Mysterious Stranger in the tavern at any outpost and talk to him. You will receive a title and various other items as well as the achievement.
“Be part of a crew that votes to raise an Emissary Flag for Athena’s Fortune.”
Awarded for being part of a crew with a raised Athena’s Fortune emissary flag. The emissary flag can be purchased for 20,000 gold from the Pirate Lord in the Athena’s Fortune Hideout. It does not have any reputation requirement but you must be a pirate legend.
-Collector of Legendary Treasures:
“Find and sell at least one of each Legendary Treasure.”
Awarded for selling all the Legendary Treasures to the Mysterious Stranger in the outpost Tavern. These can be obtained from Athena’s Fortune Voyages and include:
- Chest of Legends
- Chalice of Ancient Fortune
- Gilded Relic of Ancient Fortune
- Skull of Ancient Fortune
- Villainous Skull of Ancient Fortune
- Crate of Legendary Voyages
- Keg of Ancient Black Powder
-Legen… Wait for it… Dary!:
“Be promoted to level 20 with Athena’s Fortune.”
Awarded for reaching reputation level 20 with the Athena’s Fortune faction and buying the promotion.
If you are in need of some great fishing information check out this guide by ShqrKK:
-Master of the Hunters:
“Purchase the Master Hunter Promotion from The Hunter’s Call Trading Company.”
Awarded for reaching reputation level 50 with the Hunter’s Call and purchasing the highest promotion. Note that you can sell Mermaid gems to the Hunter’s Call to speed this up.
-Legendary Hunter of the Sea of Thieves:
“Receive the Commendation for completing 57 Grade 5 Hunter’s Call Commendations.”
This is by far the most time consuming achievement in the game, and that says a lot! You have to get all fish, meat and treacherous loot commendations to grade 5. This involves:
- Selling 50 of each non-rare fish variant (burnt, raw, under cooked, cooked all count).
- Selling 10 of each rare fish variant (burnt, raw, under cooked, cooked all count).
- Selling 50 perfectly cooked pieces of Meat (Chicken, Pig, Snake, Shark, Megalodon and Kraken).
- Selling 50 of the Treacherous Loot items (Old Skull, Old Boots, Fish Bones and Old Hats).
It is worth noting that shipwrecks often contain fish in barrels.
“Little fishie, all aglow, off to The Hunter’s Call you go.”
Awarded for delivering a night variant fish to the Hunter’s Call. These fish can only be caught during the night and will glow different colours depending on species.
-A Rare Delicacy:
“If reeling a coloured fish in, take care, The Hunter’s Call claim they’re incredibly rare!”
Awarded for selling a rare variant fish to the Hunter’s Call. These include: Umber Splashtails, Bright Pondies, Raven Islehoppers, Bone Ancientscale, Bonedust Plentifin, Muddy Wildsplah, Forsaken Devilfish, Sand Battlegill, Snow Wrecker, and, Shadow Stormfish.
-Hunter of Trophy Fish:
“Receive the Commendation for delivering 25 Trophy Fish to The Hunter’s Call.”
Awarded for selling 25 trophy fish to the Hunter’s Call. Trophy fish are larger varieties of the normal fish and are harder and take longer to catch. You can track this under the commendation by the same name.
-Hook, Line and Sinker:
“A platter of each kind of fish will serve the Hunters quite a dish!”
Awarded for delivering at least one of every kind of fish to the Hunter’s Call. (Unlock Grade 1 commendations for all fish varieties).
-Meat and Greet:
“A feast of meats all roasted well, each kind to The Hunter’s Call you’ll sell.”
Awarded for delivering at least one of every kind of meat to the Hunter’s Call. (Unlock Grade 1 commendations for all meat types).
-Another Pirate’s Treasure:
“Ill-gotten gains – yet, after all, they still sold to the Hunter’s Call.”
Awarded for selling an item of Treacherous loot to the Hunter’s Call. (An Old Skull, Old Boot, Fish Bone or Old Hat).
Achievements for World Events
Skeleton forts (represented by Skull Clouds with green eyes), Fort of Fortune’s (represented by a red cracked skull) and Skeleton fleets (represented by Ship Clouds) do not have achievements tied specifically to them. For Fort of the Damned see that specific section.
The Burning Blade is indicated by Flameheart above the ghost fleet.
-Banisher of the Spectral Flame:
“Defeat the ghost of the Burning Blade 10 times!”
Awarded for completing the Burning Blade World Event 10 times. This can be tracked under the Order of Souls commendations. Sink all ghost ships to complete the event.
-Scourge of the Damned:
“Defeat 500 ghost ships!”
Awarded for defeating 500 ghost ships. The commendation can be monitored under the Order of Souls page. Although ghost ships are not exclusive to the Burning Blade world event, this is where most progress will come from if you are going for all achievements. Order of Souls offer voyages to defeat some ghost ships that also count.
Ashen Winds is represented by a red tornado on top of an island. Here will be a boss that you must kill to complete the event. Kill each boss 5 times each for the achievements. It is random which boss it will be.
-Hunter of Captain Grimm:
“Defeat Captain Grimm 5 times”
Awarded for defeating Captain Grimm 5 times total. You can monitor this under the Ashen Winds commendation page (Under Bilge Rats).
-Hunter of Red Ruth:
“Defeat Red Ruth 5 times”
Awarded for defeating Red Ruth 5 times total. You can monitor this under the Ashen Winds commendation page (Under Bilge Rats).
-Hunter of Old Horatio:
“Defeat Old Horatio 5 times”
Awarded for defeating Old Horatio 5 times total. You can monitor this under the Ashen Winds commendation page (Under Bilge Rats).
-Hunter of Warden Chi:
“Defeat Warden Chi 5 times”
Awarded for defeating Warden Chi 5 times total. You can monitor this under the Ashen Winds commendation page (Under Bilge Rats).
Tall Tale Achievements – Shores of Gold
Tall Tales are the story element of Sea of Thieves and can be found at various locations over the map. Each Tall Tale has two achievements. You get an achievement for completing each one and then another for completing all commendation for that tall tale. The commendations can be monitored under the tall tale page of the pirate log.
Most involve finding Journals or completing the Tall tale multiple times etc. The journal locations are listed with each Tall tale but I recommend using the Sea of Thieves Wiki if you are looking for extra help with journal locations or puzzles.
The Maiden Voyage
-Unto the Horizon:
“Complete the Maiden Voyage”
Awarded for completing the tutorial accessible on the main menu. Does not have an achievement for all commendations.
The Shores of Gold Storyline:
“A sunken ship and ancient key will set you on a great journey!”
-A Sunken Legacy:
“Receive all Commendations for ‘The Shroudbreaker’ Tall Tale.”
Complete the Shroudbreaker Tall tale a total of 5 times and Discover all of Mercia’s Journals.
- Found on Uncharted Island (N-13) stashed between three rocks on the beach.
- Found in a cave atop the Ancient Spire Outpost.
- In a camp by the Northern Cannon on Devil’s Ridge.
- Inside an overgrown shack in the middle of Thieves’ Haven.
- Placed by a Campfire on Plunder Outpost.
-The Cursed Rogue:
“A Cursed Rogue searching, never sleeping. What great secrets is she keeping?”
“Receive all Commendations for ‘The Cursed Rogue’ Tall Tale.”
Complete the Cursed Rogue Tall tale a total of 5 times and Discover all of the Bounty Hunter’s Journals.
- South Tunnel, Shark Bait Cove.
- Northeast rowboat wreckage. Discovery Ridge.
- Southeast skull pile, Kraken’s Fall.
- Stuck in a wall, Hilltop ruins, Wanderer’s Refuge.
- Cave across the docks, Crook’s Hollow.
-The Legendary Storyteller:
“Adventures told with a fearless grin. Perhaps some truths might lie within?”
-Sea of Dreams:
“Receive all Commendations for ‘The Legendary Storyteller Tall Tale.'”
Complete the The Legendary Storyteller Tall tale a total of 5 times and Discover all of Briggsy’s Journals.
- Northwest sea cave, Lone Cove.
- Northwest campfire, Mermaid’s Hideaway.
- Shipwreck bow, Old Salts Atoll.
- The Snake Pit tavern, Dagger Tooth Outpost.
- Bowsprit cage, Galleon’s Grave Outpost.
-Stars of a Thief:
“The heavens’ secrets, now concealed through ancient fable are revealed!”
-The Stolen Sky:
“Receive all Commendations for ‘Stars of a Thief Tall Tale.'”
Complete the Stars of a Thief Tall tale a total of 5 times and Discover all of Sudds’ Notes.
- Eastern islet, Rum Runner Isle.
- Highest peak, Plunder Valley.
- Mainland, Snake Island.
- Northeast rock, Devil’s Ridge.
- Southwest rocks, Crescent Isle.
“Jealous wrongs must be set right so two young lovers can unite!”
“Receive all Commendations for ‘Wild Rose’ Tall Tale.”
Complete the Wild Rose Tall tale a total of 5 times and Discover all of the Lovers’ Notes.
- Rapier Cay.
- Bay campfire, Cannon Cove.
- Central Rock, Lone Cove.
- East, Lagoon of Whispers.
- Northeast Islet, Sailor’s Bounty.
-The Art of the Trickster:
“A shining treasure you must claim, the prize within a deadly game!”
-The Tricksters Folly:
“Receive all Commendations for ‘The Art of the Trickster’ Tall Tale.”
Complete the The Art of the Trickster Tall tale a total of 5 times and Discover all the Trapmaker’s Journals.
- Bird Cave, Plunder Valley.
- Above the Ridge, Discovery Ridge.
- Under the counter, Trapmaker’s Lair, Sailor’s Bounty.
- Anvil, Trapmaker’s Lair, Sailor’s Bounty.
- Foot of the Bed, Trapmaker’s Lair, Sailor’s Bounty.
-The Fate of the Morningstar:
“Guide three wayward souls to rest, the next step on your golden quest!”
-The Unbroken Bond:
“Receive all Commendations for ‘The Fate of the Morningstar’ Tall Tale.”
Complete the The Fate of the Morningstar Tall tale a total of 5 times and Discover all of Ghost Hunter’s Journals.
- The white flagpost, South Old Faithful Isle.
- Highest peak, Old Faithful Isle.
- Kraken remains, West Ridge, Old Faithful Isle.
- Skull pile, Southwest Old Faithful Isle.
- Platform above tunnel, East Old Faithful Isle.
-Revenge of the Morningstar:
“Great evil sleeps below the sands, revenge at last within your hands!”
-The Morningstar Rises:
“Receive all Commendations for ‘Revenge of the Morningstar’ Tall Tale.”
Complete the Revenge of the Morningstar Tall tale a total of 5 times and Discover all of Eli Slate’s Journals.
- Western crate, Boulder Cay.
- In the tavern, Sanctuary Outpost.
- Highest South cliff behind barrels, Cannon Cove.
- Northeastern Islet, The Sunken Grove.
- High Western cannon, Marauder’s Arch.
-The Shores of Gold:
“Forbidden secrets must be told. What lies beneath the Shores of Gold?”
-Seeker of Grand Adventure:
“Receive all Commendations for ‘The Shores of Gold’ Tall Tale.”
Complete the The Shores of Gold Tall tale a total of 5 times and Discover all Briggsy’s Journals.
- Captain’s quarters of the southern shipwreck, Tribute Peak.
- Among empty crates before the bridge, Tribute Peak.
- Compass room, Tribute Peak.
- Behind broken pillar in the circle of totems, Tribute Peak.
- On the hand of a statue, Tribute Peak.
- Through the entrance to the Belly of Gold, Tribute Peak.
- Near the broken underground bridge, Tribute Peak.
- Among the crates before the swinging logs, Tribute Peak.
- Scaffolding in the trap-plated room, Tribute Peak.
- Scaffolding before the corridor to the final room, Tribute Peak.
Tall Tale Achievements – Ashen Age
Unlike the Shores of Gold Arc, each Tall tale in the Ashen Age Arc needs to only be completed 3 times for the achievements.
-The Seabound Soul:
“Complete The Seabound Soul”
-Fire and Ash:
“Receive all Commendations for ‘The Seabound Soul’ Tall Tale.”
Complete the The Seabound Soul Tall tale a total of 3 times, collect all Ashen Artefacts and Discover the Ashen Dragon Journals.
- Found at Shipwreck Bay, in the Captain’s Quarters of the Blackwyche, resting on a box by a chair.
- Found at Shiver Retreat. The Journal is on top of a Barrel Between two rock formations in the middle of the Island.
- The Third Journal is found at Liar’s Backbone. The Journal is up the hill, nested between the roots of a dead tree.
- The Fourth Journal is at Scorched Pass. The Journal is placed on a single small rock between three Palm trees by the larger Eastern Rock formation.
- The Final Journal is at Flintlock Peninsula. This Journal is placed with two Barrels found on the north-east side of the Volcano, near the Island’s Beacon.
Ashen Artefacts (Use Lantern):
- Found buried on Tri-Rock Isle.
- Found buried on Cursewater Shores.
- Found buried on Cinder Islet.
-Heart of Fire:
“Complete Heart of Fire”
-The Blackwyche Reborn:
“Receive all Commendations for ‘Heart of Fire’ Tall Tale.”
Complete the Heart of Fire Tall tale a total of 3 times and Discover Stitcher Jim’s Journals..
- Found inside Stitcher Jim’s Lair on Liar’s Backbone. It’s in the middle of the cave, placed on a makeshift wooden shelf.
- Found inside Flameheart’s Lair on The Devil’s Thirst. This one is located in the central room with the three doorways leading to three distinct paths. The Journal nests on rocks by the middle Path of the Forsaken Flame.
- Found down the Path of the Forsaken Flame (second door – Green).The Journal is placed on a pile of skulls in the trap room after the first Skeleton room.
- Found inside the Path of the Eternal King (first door – Blue). The Journal is placed on rocks beside a pile of skulls above a lava pool in the trap room after the first Skeleton room.
- Found inside the Path of the Burning Heart (third door – Red). The Journal is in the final alcove of the last trap room with spikes coming out of walls.
Note: You can either die or return to ship at certain points to go down the different paths to collect all the journals you may have missed.
Tall Tales – A Pirate’s Life (A Pirate’s Life, The Sunken Pearl & Captains of the Damned)
These Tall Tales are found at the Castaway’s shack on each outpost. Each Tall Tale has two achievements. You get an achievement for completing each one and then another for completing all commendation for that tall tale. The commendations can be monitored under the tall tale page of the pirate log.
The journal locations are listed with each Tall tale but I recommend using the Sea of Thieves Wiki if you are looking for extra help with journal locations or puzzles. There are also side quests in some Tall Tales.
-A Pirate’s Life:
“Complete ‘A Pirate’s Life’.”
-Mist and Memory:
“Complete all Commendations for ‘A Pirate’s Life’.”
Complete the ‘A Pirate’s Life’ Tall Tale and collect all 10 journals, as well as complete the side quest.
Note: Do all this before summoning the Ferry of the Damned with the lighthouse!
- Proceed through the Grotto -> ‘Strange Shores’ unlocked
- Retrieve the Cursed Captain’s skull from the cage. -> ‘Tales of the Dead’ unlocked
- Dig up Dougie who can be found buried under the dock (follow the gold trail). -> ‘Raising the Dead’ unlocked
- Go to the shipwreck with the skeleton in bed. Open the curtains and then light all the lanterns on the exterior ledge. Read the map in his hand and go dig the X ().
- Return the treasure to Dougie and get the medallion. -> ‘Treasure for the Dead’ unlocked
- Back at the pulley platforming section, move the platforms so you can access a cave opening in the side of the rock face and find the Special Recipe -> ‘A Powerful Thirst’ unlocked. Return this to the chess skeletons near the tavern.
- After putting down the recipe, place the Cursed Captain on the headless body and then place Dougies Medallion on the table. This will give you the Ship’s Key.
- The Ship’s Key opens the ship door near the pulley platforms where there is gold to loot inside and also the commendation. -> ‘Ship of Thieves’ unlocked
- On the ships deck (same ship as above), rotate the sails so the brazier can be seen from the top of the lighthouse.
- Now head to the top of the lighthouse BUT do NOT summon the Ferry of the Damned. Turn the lighthouse to face the ship where you looted the gold and light the brazier. This raises the bridge near the start. Proceed there. -> ‘Secret of the Grave’ unlocked
- All around the ship wreck here you can find the five Headless Monkey journals. They are all on the wreck and easy to locate. -> ‘The Crew of the Headless Monkey’ unlocked
Cursed Captain’s Journals:
- Found in the room with the skeletons playing chess.
- Found atop the lighthouse on shelf.
- Found on the top deck of the Tavern building.
- Found inside the room with the light/curtain puzzle next to the skeleton in bed.
- Found inside the Cursed Captain’s cabin.
-The Sunken Pearl:
“Complete ‘The Sunken Pearl’.”
-Pearl in the Dark:
“Complete all Commendations for ‘The Sunken Pearl’.”
Complete the Tall Tale and complete all commendations. Most the commendations are unmissable. There are 5 journals of the Silver Blade’s Captain and also a hidden chest of Everlasting Sorrow to locate for the other commendations.
Journals of the Silver Blade Captain:
- Found in the first siren statue puzzle room behind some wooden wreckage.
- Found after raising the water to the highest point while ascending the puzzle room. Swim into an alcove to find the journal. (Only accessible after flooding the room).
- Found after entering through the big underwater stone door with the siren statues outside. The journal is found in the wreckage straight after the door.
- Found next to the Siren with the Yellow orb in the next puzzle room. Swim in to the water opening and the journal is on the ship wreckage.
- In the pulley puzzle room inside the cabin of the hanging wooden wreckage.
Chest of Everlasting Sorrow Commendations:
- Firstly, locate the key to the Silver Blade. This is found within the room with the pulley puzzles where you raise platforms to reach higher levels. The Key is hidden inside the mouth of a secret red lit tunnel.
- Proceed through the Tale with the Key until you are on the Silver Blade with the Kraken encounter. Use the Key on the cabin door and obtain the Chest of Everlasting Sorrow ->’Chest of Sorrow’ unlocked.
- After you defeat the Kraken, take the Chest of Everlasting Sorrow. Continue until you reach an underwater tunnel. Go through and shoot the coral to open the barrier and jump across the stone pillars. Put the chest down in front of the large door with the red coral. This will slowly open the door. Read the five stone inscriptions. ->’Tale of Eternal Sorrow’ unlocked.
-Captains of the Damned:
“Complete ‘Captains of the Damned’.”
-Captain of Haunted Waters:
“‘Complete all Commendations for ‘Captains of the Damned’.”
Complete the Tall Tale and all commendations.
Sea of the Damned Journals:
Each Journal only reveals after lighting a lantern/torch/brazier with your lantern first.
- In the swamp area, light a torch next to a rocking chair in one of the huts.
- In the swamp area, head south-east to the hanging skeleton cage. Light the torch and knock down the cage.
- In the swamp area, south of the journal above. Light the torch and follow the torch trail into a sunken boat.
- In the Fort of Lost Souls, found inside the well. After jumping down, climb onto the ledge and light the lantern in the skeletons hand.
- In the Fort of Lost Souls, found next to a skeleton inside a prison. Light the torch in the courtyard and then climb around the structure to drop down from above later.
- Past Carlos being dunked into the well, inside the clothes shop, near the entrance.
- Continue through and find the journal on top a box next to a tiny wooden ship toy after going down some steps.
- After rowing the row boat with the skeletons in down the river and past the pulley gate. Up on the side near the shooting ghost pirates.
- Before using the pulley lifts to by-pass the gate, go up the massive flight of stairs and find the journal near the two ghosts on a box.
- While leaving the town, fight the first set of phantoms and then drop down along the path and the journal can be found on the wall over looking the bridge.
- Treasure for Eternity – Grab the Mercado Key from the edge of the well. Unlock and light the torch in the window of the Mercado. Row the boat around the river until you see the phantoms digging. Dig up the item and return it to the skeletons in the row boat.
- Strike Yer Colours! – At the Town, use the cannon on the wall to fire a cannonball at the ghost ship. This one seems a little buggy at the moment.
- Key to Freedom – When you grab the keys from the dogs food bowl, free the ghost prisoners before opening the door on the main path.
Tall Tales – A Pirate’s Life (Dark Brethren & Lords of the Sea)
“Complete ‘Dark Brethren’.”
-Fortress of Sorrow:
“‘Complete all Commendations for ‘Dark Brethren’.”
Complete the Tall Tale and unlock all commendations.
Hidden Journals in the Coral Fortress (in order):
- On the right after going through the stone door, . On some ship wreckage pieces.
- While swimming through the area after the first journal, on the left atop some white coral.
- After the geyser/pulley puzzle, hop down before continuing to find the journal on a lower ledge.
- On the left in the organ room.
- After the Siren fight, dive into the water and find the journal inside one of the cages.
- Under the wooden platform with ladders.
- After the ocean crawler fight, on the left beside some yellow tube coral.
- In the room after raising the water with a Siren Puzzle, to the North the journal is resting with some blue coral.
- In the Brethren Court, on the ramp entering the court on the right hand side.
- Resting against a chair at the Brethren Court.
Check out this video by ‘MonkeyKingHero’ for the Siren Murals. It is much easier to use a video than written guide for these. Make sure to leave a like if you found the video helpful.
- Secret Waters – Hold ‘D’ (right) while descending the first slide into the Flying Dutchman’s area.
- Dark Desires – Do not interrupt the Brethren Court meeting and listen to the dialogue.
- Heart of a Thief – In the Brethren Court room rotate the blocks to resemble the Siren Murals found during the Tale.
Solution (clockwise from bottom left):
Take the Key and open the Dead Man’s Chest inside the Court room.
-Lords of the Sea:
“Complete ‘Lords of the Sea’.”
-An Eternal Pirate Life:
“Complete all Commendations for ‘Lords of the Sea’.”
Complete the Tall Tale and unlock all commendations. The only missable commendations are the journals and the ones for destroying 20 Ghost Ships and 10 Siren Statues. You can only get a max of 5 Statues per Tale. The Ghost Ships that are destroyed in 3 cannonballs are the only ones that count (not the later ships).
Journals of Forsaken Souls:
- Next to the third ghost you come across with the candles after ascending the spire.
- Left after the wooden planked bridge next to a ghost.
- Inside the brig you come across up the spire. Under a plant on the left.
- North-West corner after jumping down a hull into some water.
- From the fourth journal, climb up the wreck behind and next to the ghost on the top deck.
The “Journals of the Black Pearl” are found on the Black Pearl at the end of the Tall Tale. They are easy to find and just spread over the ship.
-A Pirate’s Life for Me:
“Complete all Commendations for the ‘Sea of Thieves: A Pirate’s Life’ Tall Tales.”
Unlocked if you unlock all commendations for the five ‘A Pirate’s Life’ Tall Tales. (‘A Pirate’s Life’, ‘The Sunken Pearl’, ‘Captains of the Damned’, ‘Dark Brethren’ and ‘Lords of the Sea’). If you follow all the above you will get this achievement.
There are a total of 20 unique tomes in Sea of Thieves. Each tome as an achievement tied to the first time you sell it and then one achievement for each of the 4 sets. You sell tomes to Larinna outside the Tavern at any outpost.
To get tomes you need to open Ashen Chests with an Ashen Key. Ashen chest voyages and Ashen key voyages can be bought from Larinna for 50 and 99 doubloons (blue currency) respectively or earned from various other activities like Forts, Skeleton Ships, Ashen Key Masters etc. What tome(s) you get is completely RNG.
-Tome of Curses Collector:
“Sell all 5 Tomes of Curses.”
~Includes achievements for: Tome of Curses I, II, III, IV, V~
Selling all 5 unique Tomes of Curses will unlock the achievements:
- Tome of Curses I
- Tome of Curses II
- Tome of Curses III
- Tome of Curses IV
- Tome of Curses V
- Tome of Curses Collector
-Tome of Power Collector:
“Sell all 5 Tomes of Power .”
~Includes achievements for: Tome of Power I, II, III, IV, V~
Selling all 5 unique Tomes of Power will unlock the achievements:
- Tome of Power I
- Tome of Power II
- Tome of Power III
- Tome of Power IV
- Tome of Power V
- Tome of Power Collector
-Tome of Fire Collector:
“Sell all 5 Tomes of Fire .”
~Includes achievements for: Tome of Fire I, II, III, IV, V~
Selling all 5 unique Tomes of Fire will unlock the achievements:
- Tome of Fire I
- Tome of Fire II
- Tome of Fire III
- Tome of Fire IV
- Tome of Fire V
- Tome of Fire Collector
-Tome of Resurrection Collector:
“Sell all 5 Tomes of Resurrection .”
~Includes achievements for: Tome of Resurrection I, II, III, IV, V~
Selling all 5 unique Tomes of Resurrection will unlock the achievements:
- Tome of Resurrection I
- Tome of Resurrection II
- Tome of Resurrection III
- Tome of Resurrection IV
- Tome of Resurrection V
- Tome of Resurrection Collector
Fort of the Damned Achievements
-Summoning the Damned:
“Activate the Fort of the Damned by lighting all six Flames of Fate and sacrificing a Ritual Skull.”
Awarded for activating Fort of the Damned. To achieve this you must have a Ritual Skull and all six colours of lantern from the Ferry of the Damned.
The ritual skull can be obtained from Ashen Chests and also random drops from Ashen Winds bosses.
The lights are obtained from dying in six different ways and then can be collected after each death from the centre brazier on the Ferry of the Damned (The Well of Fates). You can store these in your ship lanterns. The colours and methods of obtaining are:
- Blue – Get killed by a shark or megalodon.
- Red – Get killed by fire damage or lava. (You can use your own firebombs).
- Green – Get killed by skeletons.
- White – Get killed by lightning in the storm. Make sure you have your sword equipped as this increases damage received from lightning.
- Purple – Get killed by poison from a snake bite.
- Pink – Get killed by another player. Alliance members do not count.
Once the lantern colours and ritual skull have been obtained light the correct colours in the Fort of the Damned tower and place the skull on the skeleton in the chair.
-A Spectrum of Shadows:
“Defeat each colour of Shadow of Fate.”
This will come naturally while participating in Fort of the Damned. You need to kill one of each six colours of skeletons that spawn. Crew members killing them count for you as well, although, alliance members do not. The colours are identical to the flames of fate colours above. The skeletons will be invulnerable unless a lantern with correct colour is lifted in their vicinity.
-Defeating the Damned:
“Clear the Fort of the Damned of all enemies.”
Awarded for completing the Fort of the Damned event, whether you summoned it or not. You must kill all skeletons and the final boss. The more alliance members you can gather the better.
-Banishing the Damned:
“Clear the Fort of the Damned of all enemies, 10 times.”
Awarded for completing the Fort of the Damned event 10 times in total. The more alliance members you can gather the better. You can track this by the commendation by the same name. If you have multiple ritual skulls you can stack this event without having to regather the flames.
Emissary Ledger Achievements
Each faction with an Emissary flag in Sea of Thieves has an achievement for placing in their respective highest ledger tier 5 times.
So what does this mean? Well under each factions page in the Pirate Log you can see the Ledger below the commendations. To reach the highest tier in that faction you must sell loot to them while having an emissary flag raised for them. The higher tier your emissary flag the more emissary value and hence progress you get.
The Emissary ledger is essentially a leaderboard that ranks players on their emissary value gained and it resets at the end of each month. For these achievement you must be in the highest tier (top 25% of players for that faction) for the month 5 times. So these achievements will take 5 months each which is a lengthy time commitment. Being in the top 25% is not actually as bad as it sounds.
Each of the highest tiers has a different name per faction.
As this is dependent upon players and month length the value needed each month can value quite a bit.
- Gold Hoarders
- Order of Souls
- Merchant Alliance
- Reaper’s Bones
- Athena’s Fortune
-Gold Hoarder Incarnate:
“Represent the Gold Hoarders in the Captain Tier at the closure of an Emissary Ledger, 5 times.”
-The Order’s Finest:
“Represent the Order of Souls in the Grandee Tier at the closure of an Emissary Ledger, 5 times.”
-Employee of the Month:
“Represent the Merchant Alliance in the Admiral Tier at the closure of an Emissary Ledger, 5 times.”
“Represent Athena’s Fortune in the Legend Tier at the closure of an Emissary Ledger, 5 times.”
-Feeding the Flame:
“Represent the Reaper’s Bones in the Master Tier at the closure of an Emissary Ledger, 5 times.”
-Sailor of Silvered Waters:
“Receive the Commendation for competing 200 contests in The Arena.”
Awarded for receiving the commendation for competing in a total of 200 contests. This will take some time and can be monitored in the Sea Dogs Commendation page. Goes hand in hand with many of the arena achievements.
-Champion of Silvered Waters:
“Receive the Commendation for placing first 100 times in The Arena.”
Your crew must come first in the arena a total of 100 times for this achievement. You might want to hold off too much arena before hitting Pirate Legend if you are dedicated to all achievements because…
-Legend of Silvered Waters:
“Receive the Commendation for placing first 100 times in The Arena as a Pirate Legend.”
…you need to win 100 times in the arena as Pirate Legend. This will stack with ‘Champion of Silvered Waters’. Can be monitored in the Sea Dogs Commendation page.
-Captain of Silvered Waters:
“Receive the Commendation for placing in the top three 100 times in The Arena.”
Do not worry if you are aiming for first place 100 times and don’t quite make it because for this achievement you need to place in the top 3 teams in the Arena 100 times. Not as daunting as it first sounds. Can be monitored in the Sea Dogs Commendation page.
-Fortune and Glory:
“Taking part counts as much as winning, until in 100,000 Silver you find yourself swimming!”
Awarded for earning a total of 100,000 silver during Arena contests. You get Silver for digging up chests, hitting ships, killing players and selling chests in the arena. Can be monitored in the Sea Dogs Commendation page.
-Master of the Arena:
“Within The Arena, you’ve caused a commotion. The Sea Dogs will sell you their Master Promotion!”
Awarded for reaching reputation level 50 with the Sea Dogs and purchasing the highest promotion.
-Glorious Sea Dog:
“To prove it’s the Glorious Sea Dogs you love, purchase their Hat, Jacket, Hook and their Gloves!”
Awarded for purchasing the Glorious Sea Dog jacket, hat, hook, and gloves from the clothes shop. To unlock this set you need to have the “Captain of Silvered Waters” achievement/commendation for placing in the top 3 100 times within the arena contests.
-Show Your Colours:
“Within The Arena, try taking a trip in contests, aboard each colour of ship!”
Awarded for participating within the arena on each colour of ship. Your assigned ship is random for each contest.
- The Azure Scout (Blue)
- The Flaming Jackal (Red)
- The Golden Chaser (Gold/Yellow)
- The Lucky Rover (Green)
- The Regal Hound (Purple)
Note there is also a rare white ship (The Good Boy) but that doesn’t count towards the achievement.
-Capture the Swag:
“In The Arena, each minute moves fast. Deliver a chest before five have gone past!”
Deliver a chest in the arena within 5 minutes of the match starting. Each match lasts 15 minutes and you can monitor the time in the top corner.
-Nice Pirates Finish Last:
“So what if you’ve stolen some other crew’s chest?”
Steal another crews chest in the arena and cash it in. Camping the middle boat where they can sell or sinking them is a good idea.
-Pints Mean Prizes:
“In The Arena, first join a contest, then drink lots of grog and deliver a chest!”
Awarded for cashing in a chest in the arena while under the effect of alcohol. You can do this by grabbing the chest and moving into the sale room and then downing a pint of grog, then sell the chest immediately. You do not need to wait for the effects to kick in. You might want to get your crew to defend you while you do it.
-Rum ‘n’ Bass:
“Within The Arena, here’s what you must do. Play music in contests, with four in your crew!”
Awarded for playing an arena contest as a galleon crew (4 members of crew) and having every member of your crew playing a musical instrument at the same time within the contest.
-Hot Tub Crime Machine:
“All crews take a soak to work out their troubles. (But please remember to turn on the bubbles!)”
In The Arena’s tavern (pre-match location), you got at least one member of each crew into the hot tub at the same time. A lot of arena players are often AFK so this can be actually quite challenging.
-You Fight Like A Merchant:
“Dexterous swordplay can keep you alive. Block an attack and then strike within five!”
Block an incoming attack and then hit your opponent within 5 seconds of blocking. You can use your own crew despite no actual interactions.
-How Appropriate! You Fight Like A Chicken:
“Your trusty blade was just too slow. Now it’s your turn to feel their blow!”
Have one of your attacks blocked by an opponent and then be struck by them within 5 seconds. You can use your own crew despite no actual interactions.
-Did Everyone See That?:
“A heavy attack while you’ve boarded their ship may send your foe over the side for a dip!”
Land a heavy attack on an enemy player and knock them off the deck of their ship. People have reported this achievement as a little tricky to unlock. Try seeing if you can meet a friendly player to help with this achievement.
-Ignoring The Rules Of Engagement:
“To strike from behind is a sneaky attack that leads to a blunderbuss shot in the back!”
Shoot and kill an enemy player from behind with a blunderbuss. Just like a coward.
Achievements for purchasing items
“A peg-leg, an eyepatch, a hat and a hook, all purchased to pull off the true pirate look!”
From the clothing shop at an outpost purchase a peg-leg, an eyepatch, a hat and a hook of any variety. Equip them from the clothing chest to unlock the achievement.
-Aye of Reach:
“Visit the Weaponsmith, you’ll find they teach the value of buying a new Eye of Reach!”
At any outpost go to the weaponsmith shop and purchase any variety of Eye of Reach (Sniper Rifle).
“The Weaponsmith’s open, you’ll see it’s no fuss to purchase a glorious new blunderbuss!”
At any outpost go to the weaponsmith shop and purchase any variety of Blunderbuss.
“Make your first buy from the Shipwright, who deals in figureheads, cannons, new sails and wheels!”
The shipwright can be found on the dock near the Merchant Alliance faction at any outpost. Purchase a single ship cosmetic for this achievement.
The Legend of Glitterbeard
-The Legend of Glitterbeard:
“Discover the final message left behind by Glitterbeard.”
This achievement is awarded for discovering the final Glitterbeard journal. You need 8 players for this achievement so you will need to befriend lots of people on a server.
Once you have people willingly assembled you need to head to Plunder Valley and locate a tree with lots of bottles on it (it’s on the north west side). There are 8 spots marked around the tree, each player has to stand on one of the marked spots with a musical instrument in their hands.
The players need the specific instruments equipped and the shanty played must be “Becalmed”:
- West & East side: Banjo
- North & South: Hurdy Gurdy
- Southeast & Northwest: Concertina
- Northeast & Southwest: Drum
The time must be after sunset (roughly between 10 pm and 11 pm), you have approximately 10-30 secs after the sun goes down. Don’t stop playing, and don’t move! The bottles will start to glow if you are doing it right.
After you have gone through the ordeal above, a tribute to a member of the Rare team who passed away in 2020 will follow. The final journal, and the achievement, can be found in the opening behind the tree inside the hideout that opens.
Miscellaneous (Less easily obtained!)
Here are achievements that are less commonly earned or require a little simple planning.
-A Titanic Ensemble:
“A pirate may choose to go down with their ship. A musical send-off concludes their sad trip!”
Play a musical instrument while aboard your sinking ship. You can obtain this by voting to scuttle your ship under the ‘My Crew’ page on the pause menu.
“Hold My Grog!:
“Launched from your vessel, this cannon-fired trip must see you land safe on the deck of a ship!”
You need to shoot your self out of a cannon on a ship onto the deck of another ship. It is recommended to form an alliance with someone and ask to try this. You can also get it by attacking an enemy vessel by shooting out your cannon onto their ship.
-Laden With Treasure:
“You’ve overcome a score of tests and now you’re hoarding twenty chests!”
You need to have 20 chests stored on your ship at the same time. It is recommended doing a Gold Hoarder Vault to obtain lots of chests.
“When threatened at sword point, remember this trick: blind your poor foe with a bucket of sick!”
Throw a bucket of vomit over an enemy player that is holding a sword. This achievement cannot be gained from your own crew members. To collect vomit in a bucket hold the bucket in your hand while throwing up. You can vomit easily by eating fish bait (i.e. worms, leeches or grubs).
-I’ll Drink To That:
“Two different crews, their tankards held high, will meet at a tavern and drain them all dry!”
Befriend another crew and drink some grog while in the Tavern at an outpost. The hard part is getting another crew to join you.
-In Good Company:
“A Company’s items are sold to the loyal, five upgrades rewards you with their finest spoil!”
Each time you buy a promotion with a faction you will be able to buy various items from them. At reputation level 45 a trading company will offer you their highest tier item. You need to keep purchasing the lowest level item up until level 45 and then the achievement will unlock.
-Kraken Good Job:
“From under the waves a great creature arrived but you drove it away. Better still, you survived!”
The Kraken will randomly attack your ship when there is no current world event. A musical queue will play and the water will turn black around your ship and you will become stationary. Tentacles will rise out of the water and you must fend them off with cannons and guns.
“Through stormy seas in silent flight, no lanterns lit to pierce the night.”
Awarded for sailing into a storm at night with every lantern on your ship extinguished. Can be got on any boat, make sure you turn off every lantern though.
-Friends Not Foe:
“A greeting, when given with Pirate Salute, can make a new friend – or perhaps a recruit!”
Earned for using the ‘Pirate Salute’ emote (might be called ‘Make Friends Salute’) with another pirate. Can be done with your own crew. This emote is unlocked by default. Hold Z by default to bring up the emote wheel.
-Legends – “The Greatest Race of All Time!”:
“Side by side, two ships must race with weapons silenced for first place!”
You will need to befriend another crew on a server and then race your ships along side one another without firing cannons. You need to be travelling same direction for a couple of minutes. This achievement is a little troublesome and may pop some time later after you have tried the achievement. It can be done in an alliance.
-Legends – “The Skullduggers”:
“Five legends from across the sea playing instruments in harmony!”
Awarded for having 5 players from any number of crews playing musical instruments with one another in perfect harmony.
-Dining With the Stars:
“A midnight snack, if you desire, cooked to perfection on a fire!”
Cook any food item on a island campfire at night. Place wood and raise lantern to set the fire.
-Smile, you son of a…:
“That shark bit off more than it could chew, when it chose to mess with you.”
Awarded for killing a shark with a gunpowder keg. I recommend finding a keg on an island and wait in the water for one to spawn. They have increased chances around naval combat and shipwrecks of spawning. Then when the shark is charging you, detonate the keg and swim after it.
Miscellaneous (Easily obtainable!)
You probably have a lot of these! If not continue reading.
“A skeleton cronches through thick yellow peel. Attack it and kill it before it can heal!”
Kill a skeleton that is eating a banana to heal.
-I Don’t See Your Ship:
“You fought a crew, stood strong and brave and sent their ship to a watery grave!”
Sink another player’s ship or a skeleton ship.
-Dead Pirates DO Tell Tales:
“All on the Ferry are sister and brother. Send forth a message to someone or other!”
Use the ‘Pirate Chat’ – E by default – while on the Ferry of the Damned with another player present. (Can be your crew).
-I’m On A Whole New Adventure:
“So many voyages, but which one to do? Stow yours and vote for one placed by your crew.”
Vote on a Voyage put down by a member of your crew.
-You Can Always Trust The Untrustworthy:
“Plundered from an unwary crew, their Captain’s Chest cashed in – by you!”
Cash in a stolen Captain chest.
-When You’re A Professional Pirate:
“Commendations are given by Companies when you’ve reached certain targets. Try to earn ten!”
Awarded for earning 10 commendations from different factions. Will come with natural progression.
“To swiftly avoid a great danger you’re dreading, steer hard and drop anchor to alter your heading!”
Perform a handbrake turn with the ship. Fully lock the wheel left or right and then anchor.
“All sails with the wind, what time it saves when speeding across the ocean’s waves!”
Have all sails angled to catch the wind.
-Shopping for a Promotion:
“Your Voyages have earned you enough recognition so buy a Promotion and prove your position!”
Buy your very first promotion within a faction. You can buy the first one after hitting reputation level 5.
-What Shall We Do with a Drunken Sailor?:
“Too many tankards of sweet, golden grog will first make you queasy, then sick as a dog…”
Drink grog until you start vomiting while drunk.
-Now Bring Me That Horizon:
“Each new pirate greets the world with anchor raised and sails unfurled!”
Set sail for the first time.
-I Wanna Be A Pirate!:
“A Company’s pleased and you’ve reason to revel if your Reputation increased by one level!”
Unmissable if you actually play the game. Increase any faction reputation by 1.
-But You Have Heard Of Me?:
“Your reputation is starting to thrive. Grab your Promotion, you’ve reached twenty-five!”
Reach reputation level 25 with any faction and purchase the respective promotion.
“Titles are gathered from deeds near and far. Earn ten to show what type of pirate you are!”
Earn 10 titles. Each promotion with a faction will give you a title. There are many titles to earn and getting them should come easily with progression.
-Legends – “Cronch”:
“Just like Griffin, your pirate kin, ‘cronch’ a banana and eat its skin!”
Very tough achievement. You need to eat a banana.
-Legends – “This is Unacceptable!”:
“A chest of yours has gone astray and been cashed in as some thief’s pay!”
Awarded for having a chest stolen or giving another crew a chest and letting them cash it in.
“Your hearty meal’s turned out wrong. You left it on the stove too long!”
Burn an item of food on the fire. Ship fire or campfire both work.
-Not So Well Done:
“Well-cooked meals are never easy, dine too soon and you’ll get queasy!”
Eat raw meat/fish until you become sick.
-Five a Day:
“Sampling every type of fruit will keep you fit to fight and loot!”
Eat all the types of fruit in the game. Bananas, Coconuts, Pomegranates, Mangoes, and Pineapples.
This is it guys!! I am sure that you will love Sea Of Thieves Achievement Guide that we have shared with you. We are always open to discussion and suggestions from you. Just let us what you thought about the guide in the comment section.