Are you experiencing FPS drops on certain areas, or the game stuttering very often even on the lowest settings?
This fix may help you get stable FPS.
First of all, if you have above 60 fps but when you get on a planet goes to about 30, use these settings first (you can change them to higher presets if your FPS improved):
Texture Quality Enhanced
Animation Quality Standard
Post Process Standard
Volumetric Effects Standard
Terrain Tessellation Enhanced
Planet Quality Enhanced
Base Quality Standard
Anisotropic Filtering 16
Anti Aliasing FXAA
Apply these settings and quit the game.
1. Open Steam
2. Go to Library > No Man’s Sky
3. Properties > Show Local Files / Show on Disk (Where the game is installed – Default is Local Disk>Program Files(x86)>Steam>steamapps>common>No Man’s Sky)
4. Open folder Binaries
5. Open folder SETTINGS
6. Open TKGRAPHICSSETTINGS.MXML with NOTEPAD.
7. In the notepad look for
<Property name=”NumHighThreads” value=”2″ />
<Property name=”NumLowThreads” value=”2″ />
8. Change these values to: 4
<Property name=”NumHighThreads” value=”4″ />
<Property name=”NumLowThreads” value=”4″ />
9. File > Save
10. IMPORTANT: Go to PROPERTIES of TKGRAPHICSSETTINGS.MXML > General and look for Attributes. Tick READ-ONLY and click OK.
All done, launch the game and see if the FPS improved. If it did, you can change some Graphics Settings to higher values, in case the FPS is really good.
This is it guys!! I am sure that you will love No Man’s Sky: Fix Fps And Stuttering that we have shared with you. We are always open to discussion and suggestions from you. Just let us what you thought about the guide in the comment section.
Also, we would like to thank DIAMOND. He is the one behind this wonderful guide.