Image via NetherRealm Studios
The Mortal Kombat series has always fascinated me with its interesting story, lively characters, and brutal kills, and Mortal Kombat 1 looks to continue this. As the newest entry from Netherrealm Studios and a reboot of the series, fans can expect multiple updates and accompanying patch notes. Let’s dive into the Mortal Kombat 1 patch notes.
With each update, players can expect various changes, bug fixes, and balance adjustments to the roster. I enjoy reading the patch notes so I can see what has been changed, especially when it comes to competitive play. More updates and patches are expected in the early stages of the game or when major content releases arrive. Here are all the Mortal Kombat 1 patch notes.
Mortal Kombat 1 Patch Notes – XSX, PS5 and PC – October 2, 2023
General game settings
- Move list corrections
- Localization fixes
- Fixed an issue that could cause Player 2 to push their opponent further away during certain combo sequences.
- Fixed an issue that could cause buffered Kombo attack sequences and buffered 2-on-1 canceled non-buffed special moves to not be performed if a Kameo Ambush attack that can be canceled or branched was executed with a specific time.
- Fixed an issue that caused some of Stryker and Sektor’s attacks to be unbreakable.
Character Specific Settings
- ashrah – Fixed an issue that could cause Crushing Knee (Towards + Back Kick) to pass through opponents while attacking.
- Goro (Kameo) – Stomp now has higher priority when he and his partner’s attacks hit the same square.
- havik – Decaying Guard (Back Punch, Front Punch) and Flesh Wound (Back Punch, Back Punch) no longer auto-match
- Jax (Kameo) – Ground Pound now has higher priority when he and his partner’s attacks hit the same square.
- kung lao – Kung-Kussion will now automatically engage when landing on the landing frame after jumping on an opponent.
- Shujinko (Kameo) – Mimic Ice Klone and Ice Ball will no longer be repeated by an opponent hit by Time Stop
Related: Mortal Kombat 1 Character Tier List
- Fixed issues with the following attacks not working correctly against high parry special moves.
- The wrath of God and the wrath of the devil can now be stopped high
- Light Ascension and Dark Ascension can now be stopped high
- (Air) Death Spin can no longer be stopped high
- The reflex tester (back + front hit) can no longer stop high.
- The bleeding foot’s second hit (back + front kick) can no longer be stopped high.
- general shao
- Power Strike can now be rejected high
- Fixed parry inconsistency between Devastator and Klassic Kahn. Both can no longer be blocked high.
- Johnny Cage
- Ball Buster can now be rejected high
- Rising Star can now be locked high
- Shadow Kick can now be stopped high
- Sento Stance Lost Way (Forward + Back Hit, Back Hit, Forward Hit) can no longer be stopped high
- kung lao
- Knee buckle (back + front kick) can now be stopped high.
- Li Mei
- (Air) Heel kick can no longer be stopped high.
- Unrestricted (back + front kick, back kick) can no longer stop high
- Improved Bad Blood can no longer stop high.
- Electric flight and electric (air) flight can no longer be stopped high.
- Improved upflow can no longer be stopped at high
- Geyser can no longer be stopped high
- The death roll can no longer be stopped high.
- Falling Fangs can no longer be stopped high
- Twisted Kyo can now be blocked high
- Shang Tsung
- The old goal kick (forward + kick-off) can no longer be stopped high.
- Improved low hairball first hit (kick attack) can now be stopped high
- Below zero
- Ice Slide can no longer be stopped high
- Drill Kick can now be stopped high
Related: The Best Mortal Kombat Characters of All Time, Ranked
Mortal Kombat 1 Patch Notes – Switch – September 14, 2023
- Allows for additional character/kameo roster, additional arenas, and customization.
- Allows full tutorials, doom practice and practice mode.
- Enable Towers and Tournament modes.
- General bug fixes
- Enable the full story campaign
For more information on Mortal Kombat, check out All Mortal Kombat Games, Ranked and All Fatalities in Mortal Kombat 11, Ranked at Pro Gaming Guides.