Moon Knight/Marc Spector has spent the last year battling vampires in Jed Mackay, Alessandro Cappuccio and Federico Sabbatini’s latest comic series with the character. but the next Moon Knight Annual #1 will see the Fist of Khonshu take on a pack of werewolves, including Werewolf by Night/Jack Russel.
a preview for Moon Knight Annual #1 sees Marlene, Moon Knight’s on-and-off mistress, arrive at the Midnight Mission with heartbreaking news: her daughter has been kidnapped by none other than Russel. Marlene informs Moon Knight that Russel told her exactly where her daughter would be “because she wants you to go get him”, causing a confrontation between Spector and Russel.
Moon Knight and Werewolf by Night first clashed in 1975 werewolf at night #32, which is also where Marc Spector made his comics debut. A mercenary working for the shadowy organization known as the Committee, Spector was hired to capture Russel. However, he eventually changes sides, helping Russel escape and fighting the beast against the Committee.
It’s been an eventful year for the Fist of Khonshu at Marvel Comics. In the current ongoing series, he has fully established the Midnight Mission in his corner of Manhattan, protecting the city’s “night travelers” from criminals, supervillains, and vampires. He also collided with Zodiac, rekindled his relationship with Tigra, and met Dr. Badr/Hunter’s Moon, another avatar of the moon god Khonshu. Outside of the main comic, he starred in a short story in the Marvel Halloween anthology. shadow crypt #1 and the limited series Moon Knight: Black, White and Blood.
Full preview and application Moon Knight Annual #1 can be found below.
MOON KNIGHT ANNUAL #1
- JED MACKAY (W) • FEDERICO SABBATINI (A) • Cover by ROD REIS
- Variant cover by NIC KLEIN • Variant cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
- THE WEREWOLF OF MOON KNIGHT!
- In the Darkhold, there is a prophecy of how a god could die. Jack Russell, more familiar than most with that cursed tome, would very much like to kill a god and save his people, the people bound in bondage to the moon. But to fulfill that prophecy requires the blood of the Fist of Khonshu, and Moon Knight does not bleed easily.
- 40 PAGES/ONE-SHOT/Rated T+ …$4.99
Written by Mackay and illustrated by Sabbatini, Moon Knight Annual Issue #1 hits physical and digital comic book shelves on October 26.