So you love IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946, love WWII war birds? and want to make this awesome game from 2006 even better? Say no more, this modpack is very easy to install ( 15 min max) and don’t take up a ton of space on your storage!
What is VPmodpack and Why VPmodpack but not BAT?
I make this guide base on this thread[www.sas1946.com], thank to the awesome community!
*What is VPmodpack
“The main goal of this pack is to update every stock texture/3d possible and add the best quality ww2 mods without ruining the games performance or the gameplay.
It’s the final result of more than 7 years of work by the SAS community and lot of the material was extracted from DBW (all maps, objects and cockpit retextures included).”
– If you only into WW2 this modpack is the best!
– Very easy to install.
– Very fast to install to (10 min max).
– All file to download is only ~ 11gb, 40gb game file after install (for BAT you need to download at least 50gb for redcore and take up to 90gb after install).
– Very beautiful terrain textures and cloud.
– Some more screenshots for you:
– Look at these, enough content to play for the rest of your life you BF-109 lover!
Say no more!
What to download.
1. Go to this page[www.sas1946.com]
2. You will see this
3. Scroll down a little bit and download these file, very fast, only 700mb a part!
4. So you will download 17 file, 16 part and 1 patch, put all these file together.
Getting your IL-2 ready before install the mod.
1. Right click on your IL-2 1946 in library => properties
2. Chose BETAS tab then select 4.12.2 in the drop down list
Extracting the mod to your game folder, trust me, very easy, 10 min max.
1. All you need to do is extract the first part to your IL-2 1946 game folder (Steam\steamapps\common\IL 2 Sturmovik 1946), overwrite all files.
2. After the extract is done go to your IL-2 1946 game folder Steam\steamapps\common\IL 2 Sturmovik 1946\#SAS and delete the folder name 00_Ju-188A-2_v1.1 (you will have the #SAS folder if your extracting part gone right)
3. Extract the 1.7GB patch to your game folder, overwrite all files.
(skip the below part if you know what to do and extracted the mod to your game folder)
So you are old and confusing just like me and don’t know what to do, i got you, just follow these image!
1. First you need to find where your game is locate, right click on your IL-2 1946 => properties
2. Chose Local file => Browse, now you know where your game is locate
3. Ok, now right click on the first part you downloaded => Extract file
Make sure you chose your game folder right before you clicking OK
Chose Yes to all to overwrite all files when get asked
4. When the extracting is done go to your IL-2 1946 game folder => #SAS folder (should look like this Steam\steamapps\common\IL 2 Sturmovik 1946\#SAS) and delete the folder name 00_Ju-188A-2_v1.1
5. Now extract the last Patch file to your IL-2 1946 game folder again, right click it => Extract file, make sure it’s the IL-2 1946 game folder before clicking OK, overwrite all files when get asked
Last step,copy paste and change screen resolution, 5 min.
1. Go to your game folder again, find the conf.ini file and open it
2. Change this to your screen resoluton, for me it’s 1920×1080
3. Add these at the end of the file, remember to save
4. You’re done. good job, just to make sure you did everything right before launching the game. Open IL-2 Selector.exe in the game folder and see if it look like this.
Now just open the game with Steam like nothing had happened and enjoy!
Your game menu should look like this after installing the modpack
All credit goes to this[www.sas1946.com]
Optional, DGEN section
In the conf.ini file you can see the DGEN section at the end, you can change it to this to make your dynamic campaign more intense, more realistic and more fun, yes, more fun and you can tweak it to your liking to if you want.
This is an example of your conf.ini file after installing the mod and change the DGEN section!
This is it guys!! I am sure that you will love IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 How To Install VP Modpack that we have shared with you. We are always open to discussion and suggestions from you. Just let us what you thought about the guide in the comment section.
Also, we would like to thank kebab khabibaboom. He is the one behind this wonderful guide.