Destiny 2’s Stasis subclass gave Guardians their first taste of using Darkness in the form of frigid ice powers. Destiny 2 gives players a wide variety of abilities, but none will slow your enemy’s roll quite like this subclass.
Stasis changed the game when it was added in Beyond Light, and has only gotten stronger since. Here is everything you need to know about Destiny 2 Stasis, how to unlock the subclass and all of the Aspects and Fragments.
How to unlock Stasis in Destiny 2
First thing is first – you’ll need to own the Destiny 2 Beyond Light expansion to have any hope of getting Stasis. While you can play Destiny 2 without it, and even visit the frozen wastes of Europa, you’ll need the expansion to unlock Stasis.
You’ll also need it on any platform where you play the game – if you switch between different platforms you’ll need to buy the expansion again in order to use Stasis.
With that out of the way, acquiring your Stasis subclass becomes a simple matter of completing the Beyond Light campaign. At set points through the campaign, you’ll get a taste of Stasis, but you’ll need to finish the campaign fully to earn the new power and take it into any mode.
This has to be done once for each character, so if you play all three classes you will need to complete the campaign three times.
What is Stasis in Destiny 2?
Stasis in Destiny 2 is a powerful damage type focused on freezing and shattered combatants. It’s the first new damage type to be added since Destiny 1 debuted, followed by Strand in Lightfall.
The two join the following damage types:
There’s also Kinetic damage, which isn’t imbued with any special properties.
How to unlock Stasis Aspects & Fragments
Prior to subclass 3.0 reworks for Void, Solar, and Arc subclasses across Year 5 seasons, Stasis introduced Aspects and Fragments to Destiny 2.
As of Destiny 2 Season 22, you can claim all Aspects and Fragments for Stasis from the Exo Stranger.
All Destiny 2 Stasis Aspects & Fragments
Once you’ve unlocked the Aspects and Fragments, you’ll find there are plenty to choose from – but what’s the difference?
Aspects are class-specific, so Hunters, Titans, and Warlocks all have their own to choose from.
Fragments, on the other hand, are universal. They can be slotted into any build, and some come with buffs or penalties to your core stats.
Here’s every Destiny 2 Stasis Aspect:
- Grim Harvest: Defeating slowed or frozen combatants creates Stasis shards. These shards grant melee energy when picked up by you or your allies.
- Shatterdive: Activate while midair to quickly descend and shatter nearby targets on impact.
- Touch of Winter: Your Glacier, Duskfield, and Coldsnap grenades have enhanced functionality. Glacier Grenades spawn an additional crystal and form in a ring pattern, Duskfield Grenades are larger and create a small Stasis crystal on impact, and Coldsnap Grenades can chain one additional time and spawn small Stasis crystals on detonation.
- Winter’s Shroud: Dodging slows nearby targets.
- Cryoclasm: After sprinting for a short time, enables a longer and more powerful slide. Sliding into Stasis crystals or frozen targets shatters them and any nearby frozen targets.
- Diamond Lance: Shatter or defeat targets with Stasis abilities to create a Stasis Lance. Throw the lance to freeze targets on impact. Melee with the lance to slam the ground, freezing targets in a small area.
- Howl of the Storm: While sliding, activate your charged melee ability to launch a wave of Stasis energy forward that freezes targets and creates Stasis crystals.
- Tectonic Harvest: Shattering a Stasis crystal creates a Stasis shard. This shard grants melee energy when picked up by you or your allies.
- Bleak Watcher: Press and hold the grenade button to convert your grenade into a Stasis turret that fires slowing projectiles at nearby targets.
- Frostpulse: Casting your Rift generates a shockwave that freezes nearby combatants.
- Glacial Harvest: Freezing targets creates Stasis shards around the frozen targets. Higher-tier combatants create more shards.
- Iceflare bolts: Shattering a frozen target spawns seekers that track and freeze other nearby targets.
- Whisper of Bonds: Defeating frozen targets grants you Super energy (-10 Intellect, -10 Discipline).
- Whisper of Chains: While you are near frozen targets or a friendly Stasis crystal, you take reduced damage from targets (+10 Recovery).
- Whisper of Conduction: Nearby Stasis shards track to your position (+10 Resilience, +10 Intellect).
- Whisper of Durance: Slow from your abilities lasts longer. For those abilities that linger, their duration will also increase (+10 Strength).
- Whisper of Fissures: Increases the damage and size of the burst of Stasis when you destroy a Stasis crystal or defeat a frozen target.
- Whisper of Fractures: Your melee energy recharges faster when you are near two or more targets (-10 Discipline).
- Whisper of Hedrons: Dramatically increases weapon stability, weapon aim assist, Mobility, Resilience, and Recovery after freezing a target with Stasis (-10 Strength).
- Whisper of Hunger: Increases the melee energy gained from picking up Stasis shards (-10 Mobility, -10 Recovery).
- Whisper of Impetus: Damaging targets with a Stasis melee reloads your stowed weapons and grants you a temporary boost to your weapon’s ready speed.
- Whisper of Refraction: Defeating slowed or frozen targets grants you class ability energy.
- Whisper of Rending: Kinetic weapons do increased damage to Stasis crystals and frozen targets.
- Whisper of Rime: Collecting a Stasis shard grants a small amount of overshield, which falls off after 10 seconds. Collecting additional shards adds to the overshield and refreshes the timer.
- Whisper of Shards: Shattering a Stasis crystal temporarily boosts your grenade recharge rate. Shattering additional Stasis crystals increases the duration of this benefit (+10 Resilience).
- Whisper of Torment: You gain grenade energy each time you take damage from combatants.
That’s everything you need to know about Destiny 2 Stasis, including every Aspect and Fragment. For more on the game, check out our Destiny 2 homepage, or grab some Destiny 2 promo codes for some free emblems and shaders.