Image via Electronic Arts
One of the most common errors that appears on my screen when playing EA games like Apex Legends or FIFA 23 is the “Error initializing EA services” message. Although I may initially show my frustration by tweeting angrily, I eventually fix the problem myself using simple solutions like restarting your internetChanging dns serversor removing the cache files.
How to resolve ‘Failed to initialize EA services’ error?
As mentioned above, I use the following techniques to fix the “EA Service Initialization Failed” error.
- restarting internet: I often solve this pressing problem simply by restarting my PC and router. The problem usually arises due to a poor internet connection between your PC and the server. Therefore, making a stable and consistent connection is essential to avoid the problem. Also, if you have a wireless connection, try changing it to a wired one for more consistency.
- Changing DNS servers: The other commonly used solution to the problem at hand is to change your Internet DNS servers to 22.214.171.124 (Main) and 126.96.36.199 (Secondary) either 188.8.131.52 (Main) and 184.108.40.206 (Secondary). Look for control Panel in the Windows search bar and follow the given images.
Related: Fortnite – How to fix error code 91
- Clear EA App Cache Files: According to a post on the EA forum, deleting the temporary or cache files may also resolve the issue. Click on the three striped icons at the top left of the screen. Now, press help, followed by select application recovery. Navigate and press the clear cache button to remove all unwanted files.
- EA Play App Update: Sometimes mismatched versions of the EA Play app can cause the error “Failed to initialize EA service”. In such cases, please close the EA Play application and restart it to start the automatic update procedure.
- The server status: Occasionally, EA may have temporarily shut down its servers for one reason or another, such as scheduled maintenance or patch updates. See the official Twitter handle of EA Help know of such situations in the future.
Remember, if none of the above methods work and the problem persists for more than a week, I recommend that you post a ticket from EA’s support portal for further investigation.
For more error guides, see How to Fix Steam Error Code e84 or EA Account Login Unable to Complete (Code 100) – Fixes in MyFullGames.