Image via Activision
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is one of the most popular FPS titles and offers a rich multiplayer experience. With a large number of players and online multiplayer, issues are more frequent than in a single player title, especially with internet issues. This may make you wonder how to fix these issues including the HILLCAT error in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.
How to fix Modern Warfare 2 HILLCAT error code
This error code usually implies a problem with your Internet connection or Modern Warfare 2 servers. So the first thing you need to do to fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 HILLCAT error is to check Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Servers. If the servers are down, you can’t do anything until they come back online. However, if the servers are not down for MW2, you can try one of the solutions below.
Related: Friend requests blocked in MW2: how to fix it
- Check your Internet/Reboot the router
- Take a speed test on your internet. If your internet speed is low, you will experience lag or not be able to connect at all. We recommend restarting your router.
- Restart Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
- Sometimes a simple restart of the game can solve the problem.
- Restart your PC/Console
- Sometimes restarting Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is not enough and you may need to restart your platform.
- Uninstall Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and reinstall
- Just like restarting the game, sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling the game will resolve the issue.
- Check game files/Check for updates
- Verify that Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is up to date. Having an outdated version can cause various errors to appear.
For more information on Call of Duty, see How to Fix Dev Error 11557 in MW2 and Warzone 2 and How to Fix CoD MW2 DirectX Error: “DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error” in MyFullGames.