Image via Activision
The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Season 1 update reloaded added the Chimera assault rifle as the third weapon in the Bruen Ops platform. Players can unlock the weapon by completing the multiplayer challenge, mining it in the DMZ, or purchasing a pack from the CoD Store. Follow this guide for the best Chimera loadout to use in MW2.
Best Modern Warfare 2 Chimera Weaponry
- To be: LK LZR 7mW
- Values: Ravage-8
- under the barrel: Lockgrip Precision-40
- Magazine: 45 round cartridges
- rear grip: Bruen Flash Grip
- Attachment Adjustment
- Values: Horizontal slider at +1.24 in
- under the barrel: Horizontal slider at -0.08 in.
- rear grip: Vertical slider at -0.61 oz and horizontal slider at -0.22 in
Chimera is a hybrid AR-SMG weapon that features fast fire rate and high mobility. For the aforementioned build, we have used attachments that further increase the mobility of the weapon and improve its accuracy a bit. The 7mW VLK laser and Bruen Flash rear grip help improve ADS and sprint-to-fire speeds. The stock further increases the weapon’s ADS and run speeds. For added recoil control, use the Lockgrip foregrip with the recommended tightening setting. Lastly, equip the 45-round magazine so you don’t run out of bullets too often during firefights.
Related: Best BAS-P Weaponry and Attachments in Modern Warfare 2
Best Modern Warfare 2 Chimera Class Setting
- primary weapon: Chimera
- secondary weapon: combat knife
- Tactical: Stun grenade
- Lethal: Semtex
- benefits package
- base advantage: Double Time and Battle Hardened
- additional benefit: Fast hands
- ultimate benefit: Ghost / Quick Fix
- field update: dead silence
Stay tuned to the pro gaming guides for more Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 content. In the meantime, head over to our article on the best Chimera loadouts and attachments in Warzone 2.