Despite some people charging the hag and telling you “YOU HAVE TO KILL IT”, you actually don’t. But if you try, it isn’t as hard as it seems.
Intro – What’s the Hag?
Hags are around as tall as Bruisers / Wretches / Breakers, pale white, very thicc up top and have a lot of “feelers” you will see violently vibrating.
They do count as a boss but are (kind of) optional on some maps. They are tough and take time to kill, but to give you a break won’t be trying to eat the person the whole time, and will try to escape and try again.
She’s most dangerous when the team is split, slowed by specials and ridden, making it hard to run from her, do damage to her, and save a teammate once they are grabbed. At this point if she digs away with the teammate they will die and respawn later, but you want to do your best to stun her before this.
When the Hag will spawn
Corruption cards that spawn the Hag:
This will just spawn a Hag for the level that will appear pretty early on.
- “The Fog”
The map will be filled with a lot of mist, you’ll need to be near players to see their states (a cloud icon appears over their status bars), and it’ll be very hard to see and highlight specials/the Hag before they’re close.
- “Ferocious Boss”
This card will include either an armoured Hag, Breaker, or Ogre.
Hag Behaviour / Sound / Strategy
- The Hag Spawns: You will hear a LOUD mess of instruments and chimes that symbol that the Hag has left her mother’s basement. She will keep spawning ahead if you run far enough, but relatively quickly will catch up from behind. If there’s no bonus, you can just keep running ahead, but if you get stuck in one place because you ran into 3 specials and someone triggered a horde, it’s going to be trouble. So consider destroying her early.
The noises and chimes are immediately loud and tell you something is going on…
- The Hag Moves: The music will go a little quieter, and begins to swell as it moves about and decides where it thinks you currently are.
The music swells to let you know the status of the Hag, when it’s quieter, the Hag is investigating, when it’s getting scary, the Hag is looking for you again. You’ll know when it discovers you.
- The Hag Searches: The music will die down as the cheeto dust settles and she realises you’re not there, and stresses out over being stood up as you are bought a few seconds of safety.
The Hag moves for a bit to your last location, even if you didn’t make a sound, it will pause and stress out when you aren’t where it looked. If you run too far it will spawn ahead of you again.
- The Hag Finds You: The Hag will scream out like a Tuscan Raider and charge someone for a sloppy. It’s not easy to obliterate it straight away so you can scare it off with some damage and get as much as you can in there while she’s running.
The Hag will find you, scream like a Tuskan Raider, and immediately take you to dinner. You can scare it off with a slap.
- The Hag Comes For Round 2: Cancel the Hag’s dinner plans prematurely and then blow out her back before you make your escape.
Basically just stagger and hurt the Hag to save the teammate as it will do a runner as soon as. If you’re all not already overwhelmed by specials and ridden – it’s not too hard to blast this thing to…
– The YouTube embed option doesn’t seem to be working, hence the links instead.
Anything else that people suggest or I remember or discover I will try add it here.
I do stream also and do a bit of theory crafting and question answering so feel free to stop by.
This is it guys!! I am sure that you will love Back 4 Blood Hag Guide that we have shared with you. We are always open to discussion and suggestions from you. Just let us what you thought about the guide in the comment section.
Also, we would like to thank RosySoviet. He is the one behind this wonderful guide.